We Need A Head Coach.

Nasty

I have been reading all these posts about how we need an offensive mind for a coach and we need this and that....what we need is a Leader of men, a leader of men both for the coaching tree and the locker room. I don't care if he was an offensive coordinator a defensive coordinator or a special teams coach before, I could care less if he was water boy before as long as he can lead men. As long as he has a philosophy and hires the right guys to implement his philosophy I am good with that. Let's take a look at some of the coaches around the league shall we:

1. John Harbough a defensive backs/special teams coach mainly ( never a def or off coordinator anywhere) but a leader of men and a super bowl champion who always has his team in playoff contention.

2. Mike Tomlinson a defensive backs coach mainly, with only 1 year in the def coordinator role (whose defense was middle of the road at 14) got a head coach job with the steelers and now has two Super bowl victories.

3. Tom Coughlin mainly a only a WR coach in the NFL with 4 years as an OC at Syracuse in the late 70's early 90's head coach in college for 3 years at Boston College then two coaching stints as a head coach with JAX and NYG and has two Super Bowl victories.

4. Jim Caldwell mainly a QB/WR coach he did have one four year stint in Indy (2with Payton and 1 without) and only 1 year as an OC in Baltimore now HC of the lions and doing a great job headed to Playoffs.

So all I want in as a head coach is a leader of men who will let guys know where he stands and let his coaches coach. To me you know who those coaches are because they have a coaching tree that is unreal like Parcells (not saying I want Parcells just trying to prove my point) he let his coaches actually coach and all he had to do was guide the ship, and by doing that his coaches actually became good leaders under him and branched out. When was the last time you ever heard of a bills assistant coach becoming a head coach (besides Petine) he was like the Browns 50th choice and a default selection so no Doug doesn't get credit for that one. You know you have a good head coach and a leader of men when loosing your staff every year is a possibility because you groomed them right. I didn't want to say his name but The Hoody in NE is a good example and a product of Bill Pacels as well.

Tom was OC in the late 70's early 80's sorry