What does the team spend on Offense versus Defense?

Greybeard

I would have likely asked this without the changes. I believe the money is heavily on the D, considering the cost of the line. Teams only have so much to spend so typically it is hard to both strong offenses and strong defenses, at the same time.

This is significant in the present situation, because I would think Schwartz would feel snubbed if not named the head coach. However, if Schwartz stays, with the D that is strong, versus one that may be unknown, it may be a better career move in the long run.

I would have likely asked this without the changes. I believe the money is heavily on the D, considering the cost of the line. Teams only have so much to spend so typically it is hard to both strong offenses and strong defenses, at the same time.

This is significant in the present situation, because I would think Schwartz would feel snubbed if not named the head coach. However, if Schwartz stays, with the D that is strong, versus one that may be unknown, it may be a better career move in the long run.

This might be the info you're looking for? Although it's somewhat hard to extract the info we probably want, which is "how does this compare to how top championship contenders spend their $$"?

At this point for 2015:

Offence $46M, Defence $65M

"Over the Cap" has a good page for this: http://overthecap.co...ional-spending/

Edited by Dibs