Rush 2015 Tour Thread

Gugny

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thanks, Jay! My son has no idea. He's not a Rush fan, but he is a budding musician who aspires to be a bass player and/or drummer. I showed him a Peart solo on youtube last night and his jaw dropped.

TICKETS IN HAND!!!

My wife: "You're going to Montreal on Father's Day?!?!?!"

Me: We can spend the morning/early afternoon together; this is high quality father-son time and a once in a lifetime in event for our son.

SOLD

Incredible concert; incredible show.

It must be difficult for them to try to represent 40 years' worth of great music within a 3-hour evening. They did a great job.

As one who stopped listening to new rush after "Hold Your Fire," their selections from the albums I've not heard (first half of the show) did not disappoint. It made me regret not keeping in touch.

My memories of the only other time I'd seen them, in 1987, were not great. They seemed uninspired. Geddy Lee put little effort into his vocals for the pre-Moving Pictures albums. They seemed disengaged.

Wow ... what a difference in this show. If they weren't truly loving every !@#$ing minute of their performance, they did a hell of a job faking it. At 61, Geddy seems determined to show he can still hit the notes when they need to be hit.

With a show like this, it's difficult to pick favorites. If I had to pick a handful, I'd go with "Xanadu," "Jacob's Ladder," "Lakeside Park," "Anthem," and everything from "2112." Seeing Geddy rock the Rickenbacker and the Moog instantly brought me back to when I began to love Rush. Like many my age, "Moving Pictures" is what told us who Rush was. I remember the fun I had moving backwards from that album into their earlier records. This show, as reported in earlier reviews, did the same thing.

It was a solid game plan that kept me in anticipation of the band getting into the music that made me respect them as one of the most talented rock bands ever.

And they are clearly still one of the most talented rock bands today. If (might big if) this is, indeed, their last tour, they are truly going out on top of their game.

A true Farewell to Kings.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2015/centre-bell-montreal-qc-canada-5bc90750.html

Incredible concert; incredible show.

It must be difficult for them to try to represent 40 years' worth of great music within a 3-hour evening. They did a great job.

As one who stopped listening to new rush after "Hold Your Fire," their selections from the albums I've not heard (first half of the show) did not disappoint. It made me regret not keeping in touch.

My memories of the only other time I'd seen them, in 1987, were not great. They seemed uninspired. Geddy Lee put little effort into his vocals for the pre-Moving Pictures albums. They seemed disengaged.

Wow ... what a difference in this show. If they weren't truly loving every !@#$ing minute of their performance, they did a hell of a job faking it. At 61, Geddy seems determined to show he can still hit the notes when they need to be hit.

With a show like this, it's difficult to pick favorites. If I had to pick a handful, I'd go with "Xanadu," "Jacob's Ladder," "Lakeside Park," "Anthem," and everything from "2112." Seeing Geddy rock the Rickenbacker and the Moog instantly brought me back to when I began to love Rush. Like many my age, "Moving Pictures" is what told us who Rush was. I remember the fun I had moving backwards from that album into their earlier records. This show, as reported in earlier reviews, did the same thing.

It was a solid game plan that kept me in anticipation of the band getting into the music that made me respect them as one of the most talented rock bands ever.

And they are clearly still one of the most talented rock bands today. If (might big if) this is, indeed, their last tour, they are truly going out on top of their game.

A true Farewell to Kings.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2015/centre-bell-montreal-qc-canada-5bc90750.html

So glad you got to enjoy it.

It's no accident that they didn't include anything from the late 80's albums (Hold Your Fire/Presto). They did an EP called 'Feedback' about 10 years ago which was all covers of the music they grew up on. It would have been so cool for them to follow Working Man with Cream's Crossroads but it's tough to complain too much about that show.

There's a full-show video from Houston on Youtube - very early in the tour and not nearly as polished as they are now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...