Ryan Nassib - revisited

This isn't a bump about trading for Nassib. After watching him this morning in the Giants replay, I still think that when he gets his chance to finally compete for a starting job he could be a solid QB. Good field vision and pocket awareness. He's consistently gotten better each year and most Giants fans I know love that he's their backup.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a bump about trading for Nassib. After watching him this morning in the Giants replay, I still think that when he gets his chance to finally compete for a starting job he could be a solid QB. Good field vision and pocket awarenes. He's consistently gotten better each year and most Giants fans I know love that he's their backup.

I don't think that it's possible that nassib got better. It's not possible for a guy to sit and learn AND improve.

anyone on this thing that claims that would be a fool.... I'm sure you haven't- isn't this a message board where people are free to express their opinion???

They sure are, even when their opinion is uninformed.

I have watched every preseason snap of his, as I've been a fan of his since Syracuse.

They sure are, even when their opinion is uninformed.

I have watched every preseason snap of his, as I've been a fan of his since Syracuse.

I haven't seen all of his snaps, but I have seen more than most probably... I don't think that he could hold EJ's jock strap... And I think EJ should be our #3 this year... I'm sure it feels great to watch your guy look half decent against second and third string competition, but against starting nfl defenses he would be embarrassing

I haven't seen all of his snaps, but I have seen more than most probably... I don't think that he could hold EJ's jock strap... And I think EJ should be our #3 this year... I'm sure it feels great to watch your guy look half decent against second and third string competition, but against starting nfl defenses he would be embarrassing

Embarrassing would more aptly describe your opinion on the matter.

Embarrassing would more aptly desribe your opinion on the matter.

You're a winner... Why don't you hop on Nassib's nuts a little more- how about you throw out his career preseason statistics.... Break them down annually if you'd like... Then see if there's been any improvement...

But hey- he's 4 for 5 for 60 yards... 0 and 0.... Gotta be worth binging in...

You're a winner... Why don't you hop on Nassib's nuts a little more- how about you throw out his career preseason statistics.... Break them down annually if you'd like... Then see if there's been any improvement...

No point. You've made up your mind. Even if I wasted my time doing it, you'd just say, "Uhhh....well it's only because it's against backups."

This stuff gets crazy after a while. Last night Matt showed he is still relevant and an upgrade over Orton, not to mention Taylor look better than any other backup I have seen in a while.

Lastly, what evidence is their that NY is willing to trade him anyway. These threads suck!!

I'm not the type of person that contends to always be right, actually I'm quite the opposite... Provide me some insight.... All I am saying is that from what I have seen, and from what both have shown this far- they are both back ups... Sure, Nassib has a little sizzle with the "he hasn't sucked as a starter yet" thing- but I think pinning the hopes of a starting QB because they haven't sucked yet is getting old for this team...

Did I say anything about EJ? I'm one of his biggest fans on the board. I just said I like Nassib.

Here ya go.

2013 - 7/19 36.8% 6.0 ypa 104 yds 0 TD 0 INT 5 sacks 57.8 rating

2014 - 44/74 59.5% 7.9 ypa 588 yds 5 TD 0 INT 1 sack 107.3 rating

He improved a ton. He went from absolute #3 in 2013, to a some Giants fans wondering if he should start after Eli started off the season terribly in 2014.

His first game this year wasn't the best statistically, but the Giants OL might be one of the worst in the league, and that's just the starters.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were making a comparison.... I was just trying to use EJ (probably our 3rd string QB) as a reference... Why trade for more of the same? I won't even go out on a limb and try and suggest EJ has more upside, because I don't know that... What I do know as those two QB's are comparable, and trying to make move for someone to compete with your 3rd string QB is silly

Long story short- I would support and organizational move like this if he showed more- granted, that would require more to acquire him, but blindly taking shots for a starting QB from other teams benches isn't how Super Bowl contenders are made...