was that REALLY a penalty on Ron Brooks in 4th quarter for roughness?

He is the #6 CB.

Gilmore

McKelvin

Graham

Robey

A Williams

Then R. Brooks

I just dont get the point of bashing the skills of a 6th string player. No kidding, that's why he's 6th string.

Brooks is fine for the number of reps he gets. He's not going to progress much from where he is without playing time. He may be comparable to Duke "Lost" Williams and Searcy, both of whom are light years better with more snaps under their belts.

Brooks may just now be getting his confidence back. He's had a bumpy road.

And put me in the "hit was just fine" camp. This is football. I get trying to keep the Jack Tatum/Gene Atkinson kits out of the game but that was just a football play. I got a kick out of ol' Solly first agreeing with the call because of "a forearm" and then back peddling once he saw it again. I think the NFL is eventually going to go the college road and start looking at those plays when they're called to make sure the call is correct. They'll screw that up too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is awful in coverage. Just awful. He may not make the team next year.

I was surprised they didn't use the opportunity to take more of a look at Cockrell. Brooks is a back up slot corner at best, where he can try and redirect the receiver into traffic. Isolated on the outside he is not good enough and this was the latest example. I have high hopes for Cockrell to come on though in year 2 much the way that Duke Williams has in his second year after hardly seeing the field last season. If he does then I think Brooks might be in danger of missing the team next year or at very least being relegated to bottom of the cornerback depth chart.