This Year The Bills Were Better Than....

This Year The Bills Were Definitely Better Than:

Tampa

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Washington

Oakland

Jets

Chicago

This Year The Bills Were Probably Better Than:

Cleveland

St Louis

Atlanta

Giants

Minnesota

This Year The Bills Were At Least On Par With:

Miami

New Orleans

San Francisco

Carolina

Kansas City

Houston

San Diego

Even though this season feels disappointing, to be honest this is the best shape they've been in at the end of the season in a quite a while. I wanted more and they squandered their chances, but at least they are a cut above the likes of Jacksonville and Tampa - which hasn't always been the case.

Edited by Doug Flutie Band

Being in good shape to end a season only has value if we can improve next season.

In order to do that we need better performance at the QB position.

The guy who can do that is not on the roster right now.

So like all threads at this forum (I think!) it all comes down to the QB.

Who are we going to get? How will we get him? And why is that guy going to push us into the playoffs?

In my opinion, this is the only conversation worth having on this forum at this time.

Tampa

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Washington

Oakland

Jets

Chicago

Cleveland

St Louis

Atlanta

Giants

Minnesota

Miami

New Orleans

San Francisco

Carolina

Kansas City

Houston

San Diego

Even though this season feels disappointing, to be honest this is the best shape they've been in at the end of the season in a quite a while. I wanted more and they squandered their chances, but at least they are a cut above the likes of Jacksonville and Tampa - which hasn't always been the case.

I agree in general but the difference between many of those teams and the Bills is that they have a QB to build around. San Diego, Kansas City, Carolina, San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami, NY Giants and Atlanta are all in better shape at the most important position. That's not to say that they have all pros but they're all better off for the moment.

Well, there will now be an ad nauseam string of threads and posts about the need for a better QB. But look at the teams listed, at least 10 are probably in worse QB shape than the Bills, and all 10—and a few more—will be working hard to improve their QB situation as well.

My Thoughts: Yes! If we can make a move to get better there, please do. But the likelihood of that is not high (for numbers sake, I would say less than a 10% chance we add an improvement at QB in the off-season). We'll probably draft some kind of project, we'll take a look at some veteran also-rans, and in the end decide the Kyle Orton is still the best we can do for now.

But, there is one place where some real work can be done to improve the this team for 9 to 11 wins, and yes, you guest it, get two more decent interior offensive lineman (guards or center, Wood can move if needed). Even one really good new person might due, if Richardson, Kujo, or C. Williams actually come along and can really contribute next year. But in the end, improvement there will make your running game better, which in turn can make your passing game better, etc., etc.

TBD will be littered with posters suffering from QB agnosia, but as long as the real executives at the real TBD don't suffer from that, this team can vault over everyone on that list.

Happy New Year :rolleyes: , and "may the odds be ever in your our favor" for next years play-off run. :thumbsup:

Tampa

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Washington

Oakland

Jets

Chicago

Cleveland

St Louis

Atlanta

Giants

Minnesota

Miami

New Orleans

San Francisco

Carolina

Kansas City

Houston

San Diego

The Bills were definitely better than the Browns, Falcons, Giants, Saints, and Panthers. If you don't see how crappy the NFC South is, you shouldn't be making this list. They all finished below .500 and all got to play each other twice!

Being in good shape to end a season only has value if we can improve next season.

Who are we going to get? How will we get him? And why is that guy going to push us into the playoffs?

In my opinion, this is the only conversation worth having on this forum at this time.

This is THE most sensible post on this whole board.

Tampa

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Washington

Oakland

Jets

Chicago

Cleveland

St Louis

Atlanta

Giants

Minnesota

Miami

New Orleans

San Francisco

Carolina

Kansas City

Houston

San Diego

How can you leave Cleveland off of this list?

If you don't have a line who can protect what good is a QB???? Starts in the trenches I am thinking