I want Todd Bowles

Dragonborn10

If we had an even average offense, our defense WOULD be ranked the best in the NFL. That's not what's wrong with this team. If you want to build off of what's already good, then maybe you consider promoting the DC to HC and get a new OC. There is not a chance in hell that you have a 3rd defensive system in 3 years. That's just stupid "Madden" mentality. For me, I would like to see Marrone stay for at least one more year. I wouldn't mind seeing Hackett replaced with someone better. Heck, if someone invents an app for the iphone 6 that randomly calls plays, that might actually be better than Hackett. That might be a stretch, but then again, it might actually be a good thing.

What makes the OP even more idiotic is that Bowles signed a 3-year extension to his contract in November 2014. Makes it an even greater "Madden" mentality idea than even before. Might as well have asked that Tom Brady be our OC next season. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by Luxy312

lets remember you said this a year from now...throwing darts. Marrone's the right guy, do some researched he's respected by everyone but this ridiculous fan base and the pathetic WGR radio geeks

Respect doesn't add wins to our record. All that matters are results and so far Marrone is looking at a 14-18 as our HC and has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row.

What makes the OP even more idiotic is that Bowles signed a 3-year extension to his contract in November 2014. Makes it an even greater "Madden" mentality idea than even before. Might as well have asked that Tom Brady be our OC next season. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

When have coach's contracts mattered? Coaches take promotions and get fired every year while still under contract.

Edited by Bangarang

I like Todd Bowles. I'm happy with Schwartz's defense. Would prefer to keep the continuity on D as it is special. Bring in an offensive guy if we make a change at HC

Yeap. I'm rooting for Bowles to get a job but not in Buffalo. Makes zero sense.

He should have been the hire instead of Marrone. He has been an elite DC for years. He will make this defense the best in the NFL. Build upon our strength and start over with the offense.

For the record I don't want Cowher or Dungy.

I didn't realize defense was the Bills major problem. Apparently I haven't been paying attention.

And Cower? Why hire an proven SB winning coach? Terrible move!

(Was this some sort of a joke post?)

Defense is not the problem. As I said build on the strength of the team and start from scratch on offense. Marrone has proven he can pick good DC's and he gets his players to play hard. Other than that he has been a disaster with offensive personnel decisions, the QB position, and the OL. Wholesale changes are needed on that side of the ball. An offensive minded HC would be the obvious choice but I would prefer the offense be run by a top flight OC and the team run by a defensive guy.

As for Cowher he was gifted a SB by the refs and his team is just as good without him. Dungy is just as bad. One SB win with all that talent in Tampa and Indianapolis.

Defense is not the problem. As I said build on the strength of the team and start from scratch on offense. Marrone has proven he can pick good DC's and he gets his players to play hard. Other than that he has been a disaster with offensive personnel decisions, the QB position, and the OL. Wholesale changes are needed on that side of the ball. An offensive minded HC would be the obvious choice but I would prefer the offense be run by a top flight OC and the team run by a defensive guy.

As for Cowher he was gifted a SB by the refs and his team is just as good without him. Dungy is just as bad. One SB win with all that talent in Tampa and Indianapolis.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Replace a DC that led our defense to being the best in football (IMO) just so we can bring in a guy with a different scheme to be our HC, a position he's never had before, just so he can hire a new OC? Makes more sense to keep our d as is, as you have no idea if his philosophy will be as successful, while replacing the OC (or HC if you think he's that bad).

I'm skeptical that Schwartz would stay on as DC if we hired a defensive minded HC, meaning we aren't building from our strength, rather taking a big risk. Fix the O. Keep the D as is