Henry will be quite a value...

Tipster19

Unlike his peers who are demanding BIG $$$ to play for 2005, all Henry wants is to be a starter. More than likely he will be VERY flexible AND contract friendly just so he can be a starter. Rudy Johnson, Edgerin James and Shaun Alexander all want big bucks and/or specific places to play whereas Travis only wants to be a starter. When free agency begins this factor should be more lucrative in his value versus his compensation. This will play to Buffalo's benefit. Once again Donahoe is holding some juicy cards. I really look forward to what shocking moves Tom has up his sleeve. You can be sure Buffalo won't come up on the short end. So strap in and have some patience and be grateful that we got Donahoe calling the shots.

I think this news report (below) is interesting. The Seahawks have been jerking Walter Jones around for how long now? 3 years with this franchise tag? Now, they have one month to get their act together with Jones, Hasselback, and Alexander.

The more I think about it, the more I think Seattle would be a great fit for Henry.

And having a guy like Mack Strong blocking for him would be a big asset. So the Seachokes let Alexander go. They then have the money to tie up Hasselback long term, sign to Jones to a nice 4 or 5 year deal, and then bring in Henry with an afforable first year. I really like Shaun Alexander, but I think he burned a few bridges with his post game comments about losing the rushing title.

From Alexander to Henry is a bit of a downgrade but not as bad as Alexander to Maurice Morris.

-- Alexander Interested in Miami --

Thu Feb 3, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports if Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander is allowed to become a free agent next month, he could draw interest from the Dolphins. Alexander is interested in the Dolphins after they hired HC Nick Saban. Alexander mentioned Alabama assistant Charlie Harbison, who had a stint with Saban in Baton Rouge. "He was at Alabama when I was there," Alexander said. "And he spoke very highly about the work ethic of Nick, and how he really willed the coaches to be great coaches, and the players to be great players. I think you get coaches like that, that makes Super Bowl teams." Alexander, whose 1,696 yards for the Seahawks were 1 yard short of the total posted by the Jets' Curtis Martin, first publicly expressed interest in the Dolphins' situation two months ago, before Saban's arrival. Wednesday he also mentioned Cincinnati and Tampa Bay as possibilities, listing family comfort and team direction as among his priorities. Seattle could place a franchise tag on Alexander, but the contracts of OLT Walter Jones and QB Matt Hasselbeck are also up. The Seahawks' front office is in transition, rendering their moves unpredictable.

TH did indicate his preference to play in Warm weather...

Plus I don't think TH and his agent are going to get fooled again. They

will demand a contract extension on the trade going through and he is

not going to come cheap for whoever is getting him. He will probably get

a contract similar to what Duce Staley got from the Steelers. about 4 to5M

signing bonus and a 17-20M 4-5 year contract.

I think it is an overstatement to claim TH only wants to be a starter. I think he wants to be a starter AND he wants a load of money. Both pieces are probably necesary for him and having only one of them will not be sufficient for him to sign a contract or be happy about doing it.

The Bills actually hold many cards here because they are under no legal obligation to trade him if they so choose. Some posters have said that Trave will throw a hissy-fit and either refuse to play or will simply not try and play poorly unless the Bills trade him. Like any human being (and even Rickey Williams) TH does have the right and the ability to do whatever he wants to do as long as it ain't illegal.

However, if he holds out formally he does not accrue time to being an FA and simply remains Bills propery and if he reports but only punches the clock and does not do his job of backing up WM to the best of his ability he runs the risk and most likely would tack on a second bad year in a row (thus lowering his ability to sign a big FA deal), develop a rep as a cancer to his employer and his teammates (thus lowering his ability to sign a big FA deal), and turn the Bills interest against his so rather than TD and our docs giving optimistic reports about his dealing with injury, negative reports about his health may begin to circulate or go unrefuted (thus lowering his ability to sign a big FA deal).

I think he and the Bills will make every effort to move him and it sounds like a rich market which also will have a good number of FA and high draftee RBs to fill the demand. A lot of this will come down to the various parties deciding that they have a good enough bird in the hand to make a deal. If no deal happens, then clearly TH and the Bills will have it in their best financial interests to suck it up and make peace, but all parties are working to avoid this fate right now.

I think this news report (below) is interesting.  The Seahawks have been jerking Walter Jones around for how long now?  3 years with this franchise tag?  Now, they have one month to get their act together with Jones, Hasselback, and Alexander.

The more I think about it, the more I think Seattle would be a great fit for Henry. 

And having a guy like Mack Strong blocking for him would be a big asset.  So the Seachokes let Alexander go.  They then have the money to tie up Hasselback long term, sign to Jones to a nice 4 or 5 year deal, and then bring in Henry with an afforable first year.  I really like Shaun Alexander, but I think he burned a few bridges with his post game comments about losing the rushing title.

From Alexander to Henry is a bit of a downgrade but not as bad as Alexander to Maurice Morris.

-- Alexander Interested in Miami --

Thu Feb 3, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports if Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander is allowed to become a free agent next month, he could draw interest from the Dolphins. Alexander is interested in the Dolphins after they hired HC Nick Saban. Alexander mentioned Alabama assistant Charlie Harbison, who had a stint with Saban in Baton Rouge. "He was at Alabama when I was there," Alexander said. "And he spoke very highly about the work ethic of Nick, and how he really willed the coaches to be great coaches, and the players to be great players. I think you get coaches like that, that makes Super Bowl teams." Alexander, whose 1,696 yards for the Seahawks were 1 yard short of the total posted by the Jets' Curtis Martin, first publicly expressed interest in the Dolphins' situation two months ago, before Saban's arrival. Wednesday he also mentioned Cincinnati and Tampa Bay as possibilities, listing family comfort and team direction as among his priorities. Seattle could place a franchise tag on Alexander, but the contracts of OLT Walter Jones and QB Matt Hasselbeck are also up. The Seahawks' front office is in transition, rendering their moves unpredictable.

227461[/snapback]

>>>>>From Alexander to Henry is a bit of a downgrade<<<<

A bit of a downgrade? A BIT OF A DOWNGRADE??????????????

Bro, I have been trying to let this topic go and let the chips fall where they may, but the above sentence pushed me over the edge once again. Seriously, I'm sorry. :(

Alexander to TH, in terms of a downgrade is like Pam Anderson, or Raquel Welch in her twenties as compared to Star Jones, Bea Arthur, Whoopie Goldberg, or any other beat up old rag!

Travis is a good runner. Shaun is a better one. There is no other phase of football ability nor life in which these two men can be compared.

Shaun Alexander is a franchise football player. TH is a career loser and a nitwit. Check his record as the starter for the Buffalo Bills football team. Check his record as a person.

My fingers are crossed for a trade to Miami, so he can infect the phish.

Sorry again my friend, but this was more than I could stand. :(

>>>>>From Alexander to Henry is a bit of a downgrade<<<<

A bit of a downgrade? A BIT OF A DOWNGRADE??????????????

Bro, I have been trying to let this topic go and let the chips fall where they may, but the above sentence pushed me over the edge once again. Seriously, I'm sorry.  :(

Alexander to TH, in terms of a downgrade is like Pam Anderson, or Raquel Welch in her twenties as compared to Star Jones, Bea Arthur, Whoopie Goldberg, or any other beat up old rag!

Travis is a good runner. Shaun is a better one. There is no other phase of football ability nor life in which these two men can be compared.

Shaun Alexander is a franchise football player. TH is a career loser and a nitwit. Check his record as the starter for the Buffalo Bills football team. Check his record as a person.

My fingers are crossed for a trade to Miami, so he can infect the phish.

Sorry again my friend, but this was more than I could stand.  :(

227758[/snapback]

wow...what a suprise

Travis is certainly not a loser, and I personally don't believe in looking at a player's "record" in the ultimate team game that football is, but you are right (IMO) that he doesn't compare to Alexander as a player.

Travis is certainly not a loser, and I personally don't believe in looking at a player's "record" in the ultimate team game that football is, but you are right (IMO) that he doesn't compare to Alexander as a player.

227764[/snapback]

Thanks, but I also stick by my assertion of the word "person" as well.

I watched Shaun since he played at Alabama. My memory is weak, but as I recall his dad was a Viet Nam soldier who was killed in the line of duty. He was never anything but an intelligent model citizen, as well as a great player at each and every facet of his position.

Yes, football is a "team" game. This is of course beyond dispute. My contention is that TH has horrid stats in terms of w/l record, fumbles, and sacks allowed. Throw in wrong pass routes, slipping in front of truck sized holes, a missed flight to a dolphin game, sex with a 15 year old, and no....I would rather not see these two men compared to eachother.

I will trust your judgement as to whether or not I am being out of line here.