Here's a wild trade for ya

1billsfan

Steve McNair. We all know our Defense and Special Teams are Superbowl worthy. Our offense would be Superbowl worthy with a QB like Steve McNair. I know that he's been hurt a lot. But if we were able to get him to stay healthy for 2 years and somehow get a Superbowl trophy during this time period then it would all be worth it. Tennessee is prime for rebuilding and I think that all of the vets leaving soured McNair and even has him contemplating retirement. I would think that Tennessee might be open to this if they were high on Losman at all. Anybody agree? Thinks it's stupid? Somewhere inbetween?

227291[/snapback]

This is hands down the dumbest trade I have ever heard. Why would you want McNair? He hasn't practiced in 5 effing years, and I am sick to death of hearing him portrayed as a "Warrior". Every player in the NFL, especially QBs, has to battle injuries....get on the practice field you sally.

Besides, Tennessee signed Volek to a pretty big deal and he can fling the ball around just fine.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve McNair. We all know our Defense and Special Teams are Superbowl worthy. Our offense would be Superbowl worthy with a QB like Steve McNair. I know that he's been hurt a lot. But if we were able to get him to stay healthy for 2 years and somehow get a Superbowl trophy during this time period then it would all be worth it. Tennessee is prime for rebuilding and I think that all of the vets leaving soured McNair and even has him contemplating retirement. I would think that Tennessee might be open to this if they were high on Losman at all. Anybody agree? Thinks it's stupid? Somewhere inbetween?

227291[/snapback]

Short term? Good points made

Long Term? Total waste

This is hands down the dumbest trade I have ever heard.  Why would you want McNair?  He hasn't practiced in 5 effing years, and I am sick to death of hearing him portrayed as a "Warrior".  Every player in the NFL, especially QBs, has to battle injuries....get on the practice field you sally.

Besides, Tennessee signed Volek to a pretty big deal and he can fling the ball around just fine.

228124[/snapback]

Let me ask you this Einstein. Do you think that JP Losman is even close to being as good of a QB as Steve McNair? If you do than you sir are dumber than dirt.

This team needs a QB that is already seasoned and already battle tested. What ills the Bills is the fact that our defense and specials are already in their window of opportunity as far as being Superbowl ready. How long is JP going to take before he can get us to the big dance? Hate to burst your bubble, but by the time he's ready our defense will be way too long in the tooth buddy.

Let me ask you this Einstein. Do you think that JP Losman is even close to being as good of a QB as Steve McNair? If you do than you sir are dumber than dirt.

228215[/snapback]

It's pretty easy to be better than a QB who won't even be playing next year. All he needs to do is show up to camp and poof, he's better.

How can you possibly assert that "by the time JP is ready the D will be too long in the tooth"? Do you know exactly when JP will be ready? McNair (after sitting for his first two years) came out and led the Oilers/Titans to the playoffs. How can you be so certain JP can't do the same? Do you know the winning lottery numbers this week too? If so, share with your fellow board members! :lol:

McNair is on the verge of retirement, even if he does play again it's only for what, one or two years? JP is going into his second year, he has a lot of football left in him. Why grab a short term solution at the expense of the team's future. Never mind that Tenn would never deal McNair anyway.

228215[/snapback]

I don't know yet. I do know that I don't have enough evidence to make the evaluation yet. I am pretty sure that JP could do better than 8 games started, 8 TDs 9 INTs and 73 rating that McNair put up this season.

McNair is a career 83.4 QB rating (140 TDs/92 INTs). Color me un-impressed. It's not like this guy has been stellar in the post-season either.

I don't know yet.  I do know that I don't have enough evidence to make the evaluation yet.  I am pretty sure that JP could do better than 8 games started, 8 TDs 9 INTs and 73 rating that McNair put up this season.

McNair is a career 83.4 QB rating (140 TDs/92 INTs).  Color me un-impressed.  It's not like this guy has been stellar in the post-season either.

228247[/snapback]

Shhhh! 1Billsfan doesn't like to look at the real stats. He just likes to assert McNair is the best in the league.

Saying the Bills should trade JP for McNair because "McNair is better than JP" is like saying the Bills should trade JP to the Broncos for Elway because Elway is better...even though he is retired :lol:

It's pretty easy to be better than a QB who won't even be playing next year. All he needs to do is show up to camp and poof, he's better.

How can you possibly assert that "by the time JP is ready the D will be too long in the tooth"? Do you know exactly when JP will be ready? McNair (after sitting for his first two years) came out and led the Oilers/Titans to the playoffs. How can you be so certain JP can't do the same? Do you know the winning lottery numbers this week too? If so, share with your fellow board members! :lol:

McNair is on the verge of retirement, even if he does play again it's only for what, one or two years? JP is going into his second year, he has a lot of football left in him. Why grab a short term solution at the expense of the team's future. Never mind that Tenn would never deal McNair anyway.

228241[/snapback]

How can you be so certain JP can lead this team to the playoffs before Sam Adams, London Fletcher, Pat Williams, Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy become too old and slow? This kid better be great fast because a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people around here are banking on it.

How can you be so certain JP can lead this team to the playoffs before Sam Adams, London Fletcher, Pat Williams, Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy become too old and slow? This kid better be great fast because a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people around here are banking on it.

228252[/snapback]

I can't. But he has a better shot of doing it than a retired QB.

If McNair doesn't retire, JP still has a MUCH BETTER SHOT of leading the Bills to MORE playoff apperances over the next 10 years than McNair does since he would only be able to play for what, 2 or 3 of those 10 years. That's the point.

228252[/snapback]

What's to say he won't be ready this year?

Brady was ready in just over a year. Big Ben didn't seem to have too bad a run. I actually thought Losman had the inside track at being the starter this year until his injury. He allows Mularkey & Clements to run a wider variety of plays, particularly bootlegs, etc.

Never said that a--hole.

Your boyfriend JP better be as good as you say he is.

228257[/snapback]

I've never once said JP is good or will be good. Try reading my posts before you react to them. There is no reason to become hostile.

I have no idea what the Bills are going to get with JP. But I know that it's crazy to trade a first round QB who hasn't even started a game yet for a middle of the road QB with more mileage on him than my 1986 Pontiac.