Jerry Sullivan is a dolt

todd

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jerry Sullivan.

Drew has a good game last night, and he still has to talk about his "Fragile psyche" in his column. In one paragraph he takes a swipe at Donahoe, Bledsoe, AND Travis Brown.

Jerry, you prick, looks to me that his psyche held up quite well dispite drafting a QB in the 1st round, didn't it? What a dink.

I love how he talks about how we brought in no one. What is JP then. Hey Drew let us introduce us to your replacement. I mean Jerry who else should the Bills have brought in? Does he offer us the alternative? No. Of course not. That would take some research. Oh wait with other pressing needs maybe 3 top flight QB's was not exactly number one on the Bills priority list. Can you imagine. TD- You know we need a another offensive lineman. Jerry- You chicken stevestojan stop worrying about Drew's ego. TD- Your right. Screw the O-Line... Call Tim Couch, or Kurt Warner, or Kerry Collins immediately!!

how about this one:

• The Sporting News' annual pro football scouting guide, which grades every  player in the NFL, has Buffalo's Trey Teague rated as the 26th-best center in the  league. For all the hand-wringing about  Mike Williams, the weakest spot in the  line might be right up the middle.

Has this guy even been watching the games? Teague has been the most dependable link in the line this summer.

I'm glad the Sporting News ratings distill the NFL down for him. Maybe we should just pick the guys for the Pro Bowl right now based on Sporting News rankings. Ugh. :P

Why read the guy?  He writes that stevestojan just to get the reaction.

17138[/snapback]

Exactly. He is a columnist who tries to stir the turds to make a name for himself. If you don't read his column, there is nothing to stir. If there is nothing to stir, he just goes away. There is a term for guys like him. They are called Jocksniffers. Never good enough to play or coach, but wants to be in the sports world. So they criticize without any true understanding of the game. Much like some here. :P

how about this one:

Has this guy even been watching the games?  Teague has been the most dependable link in the line this summer.

I'm glad the Sporting News ratings distill the NFL down for him.  Maybe we should just pick the guys for the Pro Bowl right now based on Sporting News rankings.  Ugh. :P

17177[/snapback]

That quote proved he hasn't watched the Bills at all during this summer. So why not leave the opinions to those who have ?

Drew has a good game last night, and he still has to talk about his "Fragile psyche" in his column. In one paragraph he takes a swipe at Donahoe, Bledsoe, AND Travis Brown.

Jerry, you prick, looks to me that his psyche held up quite well dispite drafting a QB in the 1st round, didn't it? What a dink.

17126[/snapback]

I believe that Sullivan is one of the Charter Members of the Dead Horse Beaters Club. He hasn't wrote about anything except TD and DB for the past two years.

Exactly. He is a columnist who tries to stir the turds to make a name for himself. If you don't read his column, there is nothing to stir. If there is nothing to stir, he just goes away. There is a term for guys like him. They are called Jocksniffers. Never good enough to play or coach, but wants to be in the sports world. So they criticize without any true understanding of the game. Much like some here. :P

17185[/snapback]

I think, too, that the small market makes it difficult to have real competition at Sullivan's level. You're kinda stuck with him, to a large extent. At least in LA, when TJ Simers would make me puke, I could go to another good newspaper and find more responsible writing.

I think, too, that the small market makes it difficult to have real competition at Sullivan's level. You're kinda stuck with him, to a large extent. At least in LA, when TJ Simers would make me puke, I could go to another good newspaper and find more responsible writing.

17305[/snapback]

But is the competition for sportwriters that weak in WNY? Does Sullivan have a lifetime contract? There has to be someone out there who sticks to jounalistic principles like, I don't know, doing research before writing the stevestojan he does.

Maybe the pay's not that great, but there has to be talented, hardworking journalists out there who would love the opportunity to write in an NFL market.

Is the Buffalo News just stupid or lazy in believing that this is the best guy that they can find for the job?

Here are the Buffalo News requirements for the writers.

Come up with lousy catch phrase like Column as I see em or It is one of those opinionated days.

Complain about Bills.

Start QB controversy.

Blame GM.

Write a story profiling a player who has been out of the league for a year but will return to glory after no other team in the NFL wanted him.

Begin calling for coaches head.

Create controversy.

Offer zero input.

Be negative all the time.

Be creative and mention the 4 second alarm clock that Drew Bledsoe uses this year.

Don't take it personally.

I think the gyst of his point is right, forget his swipe at Donahoe and Bledsoe. Bledsoe has been given a relatively long leash and he hasn't played up to par. Why not sign a decent veteran with experience who not only can be a reliable backup, but perhaps competition to Bledsoe??? Afterall, he has been pretty horrid the past season and a half.

Was Travis Brown the best they could do?

I think bringing in Shane Matthews could be a great thing for this team -- a guy who has started in this league before and has "real game" experience, unlike the garbage time and clipboard experience Travis Brown brings to the able. A blessing in disguise, IMO.

17126[/snapback]

Don't take it personally.

I think the gyst of his point is right, forget his swipe at Donahoe and Bledsoe.  Bledsoe has been given a relatively long leash and he hasn't played up to par.  Why not sign a decent veteran with experience who not only can be a reliable backup, but perhaps competition to Bledsoe??? Afterall, he has been pretty horrid the past season and a half. 

Was Travis Brown the best they could do?

I think bringing in Shane Matthews could be a great thing for this team -- a guy who has started in this league before and has "real game" experience, unlike the garbage time and clipboard experience Travis Brown brings to the able.  A blessing in disguise, IMO.

17338[/snapback]

The problem with the point is, and we've been over this before, is that TD's plan was to draft a rookie prospect and groom him while Bledsoe finishes out his career in Buffalo.

TD believed that his new coaching staff could implement a better system for Bledsoe and the offense while Losman was learning the ropes.

And if Sullivan had half a brain, he'd recognize this plan and would be writing about it now.

In preseason, Bledsoe has been getting rid of the ball quicker, the interior line has improved, and the coaching staff looks dedicated to the run-first mentality.

In other words, the plan is working. Bledsoe looks comfortable in the new offensive scheme. And while Losman did get injured, he has showed flashes that he can be a good QB in the league.

Clouding the issue by bringing in a QB who is the same age and has similar skills as Bledsoe would prove an unneccessary distraction to the team's preperation and a drag on the salary cap, while offering no long term benefit, since Losman is expected to be the starter in the next season or two.

Good points, but I respectfully disagree. No need to bring in a guy who could challenge for the #1 job. But it never hurts to bring a veteran who has WON GAMES IN THIS LEAGUE. Look, the Losman pick is for next year or maybe the year after. We can't put JP in and expect him to win games for us this year, afterall he's a rookie. I almost feel the same way about Travis Brown with his lack of experience.

And while TD does have plan in place for the future (and a great plan IMO with Losman waiting in the wings), he also has an obligation to ensure that we are covered for the current year. A guy like Shane Matthews doesn't cost a whole lot and he knows what his role is. Afterall, he was the #2 or #3 QB last season with Cincy! Bringing in a guy like him or Jeff Blake, two guys who have won their share of games in this league, can't hurt. In fact, I feel it can be a great help to know that if/when Drew gets injured, we have a capable backup.

Just my 2 cents.

Clouding the issue by bringing in a QB who is the same age and has similar skills as Bledsoe would prove an unneccessary distraction to the team's preperation and a drag on the salary cap, while offering no long term benefit, since Losman is expected to be the starter in the next season or two.

17403[/snapback]