Baylor fans making a case for their team

Beerball

You wonder if Wisconsin tanked after it (OSU) started to get bad. I know there is pride, but The Big Ten stands to make bank! ALL of the Big Ten.

Not saying the players were in on it, but the coaches surely can shut it down with the way they run the game. I know there is pride, but once you are getting destroyed what's another 25 points to bring in some bucks for the school.

Not that OSU doesn't deserve... The system seems worse now, the whim of some group. I can see see if TCU lost or one of the top 4... But they didn't, the rankings should stay the same. FLA should have been #1 all year.

Be careful what we wish for (playoffs). The system is even more rigged now! Baylor? They gotta be kidding. It should have stayed TCU, then OSU... Then Baylor. No way should they be sniffing a spot.

Honestly, how do they do what they did. How does a team win and lose spots in the ranking... And thumping their opponent. Holy Moly!

"Tell Anne Boleyn that head-to-head doesn't matter" :lol: :lol:

Good stuff, but neither of them deserve to be in over OSU.

Then don't rank TCU #3 the previous week.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You wonder if Wisconsin tanked after it (OSU) started to get bad. I know there is pride, but The Big Ten stands to make bank! ALL of the Big Ten.

Not saying the players were in on it, but the coaches surely can shut it down with the way they run the game. I know there is pride, but once you are getting destroyed what's another 25 points to bring in some bucks for the school.

Not that OSU doesn't deserve... The system seems worse now, the whim of some group. I can see see if TCU lost or one of the top 4... But they didn't, the rankings should stay the same. FLA should have been #1 all year.

Be careful what we wish for (playoffs). The system is even more rigged now! Baylor? They gotta be kidding. It should have stayed TCU, then OSU... Then Baylor. No way should they be sniffing a spot.

Honestly, how do they do what they did. How does a team win and lose spots in the ranking... And thumping their opponent. Holy Moly!

Who's to say they deserved it?

If Wisconsin won like they said they should it'd not have mattered. If the Ohio State University just won by a pinch, it'd be different. But they went in and shut down one a team with one of the top two backs in the country, a 3rd best D and just talent all around. They went and killed that team with a 3rd QB.

tOSU had a much harder ranked schedule, as well.

Who's to say they deserved it?

If Wisconsin won like they said they should it'd not have mattered. If the Ohio State University just won by a pinch, it'd be different. But they went in and shut down one a team with one of the top two backs in the country, a 3rd best D and just talent all around. They went and killed that team with a 3rd QB.

tOSU had a much harder ranked schedule, as well.

Are you missing that point that WI is in the Big Ten and stand to make bank when the going got rough. You think that was lost on the coaches. You are losing by 25, what's another 25 if it means more money for your school... Pride? Sure the players have, but the kids would never even realize it.

It gets you wondering.... WI layed down when it got out of hand.

Are you missing that point that WI is in the Big Ten and stand to make bank when the going got rough. You think that was lost on the coaches. You are losing by 25, what's another 25 if it means more money for your school... Pride? Sure the players have, but the kids would never even realize it.

It gets you wondering.... WI layed down when it got out of hand.

Players get down 38-0 at halftime and mentality pack it in -- that's just human nature.

Players get down 38-0 at halftime and mentality pack it in -- that's just human nature.

Yep! Now factor in: "If we get down another 21, even though we lose big... Schools wins a little for being in the Big 10!" You don't think that was gong through the coaches minds?

No Big 12 title game was a factor in keeping them out. Good for them!

Anyway, why even rank TCU #3 if you are going to pull the rug out on them when they just hung 55 on another Big 12 team? Yes, I know it was ISU... But still.

Something reeks here.

Yep! Now factor in: "If we get down another 21, even though we lose big... Schools wins a little for being in the Big 10!" You don't think that was gong through the coaches minds?

Anyway, why even rank TCU #3 if you are going to pull the rug out on them when they just hung 55 on another Big 12 team? Yes, I know it was ISU... But still.

Something reeks here.

you have too much free time to sit and think, don't you?

Something reeks here.

Yeah, mostly your conspiracy theories about a bunch of 21 year olds intentionally embarrassing themselves on national TV so that someone else can make more money. :rolleyes:

Whatever minor controversy surrounds who is fourth: imagine if the NCAA didn't go to a 4-team playoff this year? We would've had an undefeated defending title holder on the outside while two teams with losses played for the national championship. That would've been an immensely bigger controversy.

So kudos to the NCAA for moving to a 4-team playoff. Nothing is perfect. But this is a vast improvement over prior years.

(Note: this is even coming from someone who hates Florida State)

That game was a blowout because Wisconsin is a one dimensional running team. If they get behind, they can't come back. There's no conspiracy, one team has thrown for less than 2000 yards with 13 TDs for the season and has the 119th ranked passing offense in the country. That game was either going to be a close, grinding affair or a one-sided blowout. It turned out to be the latter.

Agree with some points but how do you think Baylor shouldn't of been in over TCU? They basically played the same putrid out of conference schedule with the difference being TCU played a mediocre Minnesota team & Baylor play a less then mediocre UB team but Baylor beat TCU head to head. So you say TCU playing Minnesota should trump the head to head matchup?????