National Signing Day

CajunBillsBacker

While the day is not done, I am very impressed with the class LSU has brought in. Most notable, the #1 prospect in the country, QB Ryan Perrilloux. No real surprises as of yet. Our class won't get the recruiting points because we don't have that many scolarships to give out due to a couple transfers coming to the team next season, but everyone except 2 players are 4 or 5 star players. The other two are 3 star prospects.

How did your team do today?

So far Im happy with what Penn State has done. They landed a top WR in Derrick Williams (the kind of impact WR this team REALLY needs), and a top CB in Justin King. Im still holding out hope they can land LB Brian Cushing from New Jersey.

Any more info on our Nittany Lions, R.Rich? Thoughts?

Where was Perrilloux the top recruit overall, Cajun?  In the Rivals top 100, he is the 2nd QB they have listed.  If you have a link to another scouting site, let me know.  Also, see what you can find out about Al Jones, a DE that has committed to the Tigers.

226372[/snapback]

I was going by the Tom Lemmings rankings at collegesports.com. He has Perrilloux #1 in the country. Some great information there and video of a few recruits including Penn St's Derrick Williams, Justin King, and hopeful Brian Cushing.

For Al Jones, i'm really pumped for this kid. He's very quick. Here is the link to the writeup they have for him on LSU's website.

http://www.lsusports.net/index.cfm?md=pers...lid=1450&cat=FB

So far Im happy with what Penn State has done.  They landed a top WR in Derrick Williams (the kind of impact WR this team REALLY needs),  and a top CB in Justin King.  Im still holding out hope they can land LB Brian Cushing from New Jersey.

Any more info on our Nittany Lions, R.Rich?  Thoughts?

226378[/snapback]

PSU did very well recruiting this year.

PSU Recruits 2005

They were able to get Jerome Hayes' LOI today, and that was huge. This kid can play! He was a two-way star in high school (also played RB), but will probably be used at LB. With him and Sean Lee coming aboard, Penn State is getting some solid depth at LB. I like the direction they're heading.

Cushing, from what I've heard, faxed his LOI to USC today around noon. We weren't even in the running (down to Miami, USC, and Boston College).

I was going by the Tom Lemmings rankings at collegesports.com. He has Perrilloux #1 in the country. Some great information there and video of a few recruits including Penn St's Derrick Williams, Justin King, and hopeful Brian Cushing.

For Al Jones, i'm really pumped for this kid. He's very quick. Here is the link to the writeup they have for him on LSU's website.

http://www.lsusports.net/index.cfm?md=pers...lid=1450&cat=FB

226413[/snapback]

Jones sounds like a real find, though he is light for a college DE. I wonder if he'll bulk up or if he'll move to LB? Maybe he'll be redshirted? I'll be watching to see what happens with him.

PSU did very well recruiting this year. 

PSU Recruits 2005

They were able to get Jerome Hayes' LOI today, and that was huge.  This kid can play!  He was a two-way star in high school (also played RB), but will probably be used at LB.  With him and Sean Lee coming aboard, Penn State is getting some solid depth at LB.  I like the direction they're heading.

Cushing, from what I've heard, faxed his LOI to USC today around noon.  We weren't even in the running (down to Miami, USC, and Boston College).

226443[/snapback]

Oh man I thought I read one time PSU was in the running for Cushing...dammit...

Thanks for that link R. Rich, I like the direction PSU is heading too

You have any thoughts on Derrick Williams? One site had him ranked as high as #1 overall as prospects go...

Iowa had its first ever top-10 recruiting class. Given what they have done the last few years (share of Big Ten titles two of the last three years, top ten national rankings in each of the last three), Hawkeye Nation is excited to see what coach Ferentz can do with all this talent!

Some notables:

Jake Christiansen

Tyler Blum

Ryan Bain

Dan Doering

Dace Richardson

Alex Kannelis

Anthony Moeki

Trey Stoss

Dana Brown

!@#$ LSU and !@#$ Perrilloux.

From a person that goes to UT.

226883[/snapback]

There are LSU fans who are saying F*** Perrilloux as well, ever since it was discovered that he's driving around in a $50,000.00 (or so) SUV and was reportedly kicked out of one high school for behavior problems. I hope he's past all that and plays up to his potential.

Iowa had its first ever top-10 recruiting class.  Given what they have done the last few years (share of Big Ten titles two of the last three years, top ten national rankings in each of the last three), Hawkeye Nation is excited to see what coach Ferentz can do with all this talent!

Some notables:

Jake Christiansen

Tyler Blum

Ryan Bain

Dan Doering

Dace Richardson

Alex Kannelis

Anthony Moeki

Trey Stoss

Dana Brown

226980[/snapback]

Good point. Iowa flys under the radar, but have become a team to be recokned with over the last few years.

Iowa had its first ever top-10 recruiting class.  Given what they have done the last few years (share of Big Ten titles two of the last three years, top ten national rankings in each of the last three), Hawkeye Nation is excited to see what coach Ferentz can do with all this talent!

Some notables:

Jake Christiansen

Tyler Blum

Ryan Bain

Dan Doering

Dace Richardson

Alex Kannelis

Anthony Moeki

Trey Stoss

Dana Brown

226980[/snapback]

That's a solid class man. As they say, "If you build it, they will come". Iowa is defintely gonna be a a great team for a while.

Ohio St. finished OK, after starting out slow. They predictably lost out on a couple Blue chippers, due to the Clarett/NCAA mess. I thought they would do much worse, so I'm pleased. They hired a guy who used to run Miami's recruiting and he secured many who normally would have bolted.

Michigan and Iowa were the class of the Big 10.

Ohio St. finished OK, after starting out slow. They predictably lost out on a couple Blue chippers, due to the Clarett/NCAA mess. I thought they would do much worse, so I'm pleased. They hired a guy who used to run Miami's recruiting and he secured many who normally would have bolted.

Michigan and Iowa were the class of the Big 10.

230579[/snapback]

Iowa is getting better at recruiting in PA than Penn State! They were able to get 2 guys from my hometown of Erie PA and both have had stellar college careers. Bob Sanders is now with the Indianapolis Colts after an All-America career at Iowa and Jovon Johnson is currently an honorable mention All-Big 11 corner for the Hawkeyes. They also seem to do pretty well recruiting in Ohio and New Jersey as well.

Iowa is getting better at recruiting in PA than Penn State!  They were able to get 2 guys from my hometown of Erie PA and both have had stellar college careers.  Bob Sanders is now with the Indianapolis Colts after an All-America career at Iowa and Jovon Johnson is currently an honorable mention All-Big 11 corner for the Hawkeyes.  They also seem to do pretty well recruiting in Ohio and New Jersey as well.

231207[/snapback]

Yeah, from Ohio, Iowa got Trey Stoss, Chris Rowell, and BJ Travers, all 3 and 4 star recruits.

But the real haul was from Illinois, with Tony Moeki, Dace Richardson, Dan Doering, all five-stars, and Jack Christiansen, Ryan Bain- 4 stars and Calloway, three stars. With the Illini going through a coaching change and Northwestern down, it was smart to go after the Chicago area recruits... It sounds like they have a few more Illinois kids lined up for next year.

Go Hawks!

• 2 weeks later...

The UConn football team is just in its fourth year of I-A. Beat Toledo in the Motor City Bowl this past season.

Have to replace the best QB in school history. DL. Probably have one of the deeper RB corps in the Big East.

Randy Edsall has made hay by signing guys that other coaches took off the radar b/c of size or injury. One they're really touting is a QB from Ohio, Billy Cundiff. Also got some good OL. The OL is one of the things they really concentrate on in the scheme.

As the reputation grows, (and the AD is building a sweet indoor practice facility on campus) a more guys will have UConn as a first choice. It really is nice to watch the coach build the program from the ground up, basically.

Linky poo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.