Does Anyone Know ...

Gugny

... if Chef Jim's back has gotten any better?

I remember a couple years ago when Fansince88 had an inflamed testicle that grew to the size of a 10-pound medicine ball. He updated the shoutbox every 30 minutes for months.

But Chef Jim has been quiet about his back, so I thought someone may have heard.

Please continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to strangers on Facebook.

Thanks.

... if Chef Jim's back has gotten any better?

I remember a couple years ago when Fansince88 had an inflamed testicle that grew to the size of a 10-pound medicine ball. He updated the shoutbox every 30 minutes for months.

But Chef Jim has been quiet about his back, so I thought someone may have heard.

Please continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to strangers on Facebook.

Thanks.

I was waiting until I had news. Last week (3 1/2 weeks after surgery) I was finally almost pain free. Took a walk Monday and was really hoofing it up and down the hills around our place. I had not been that happy in over six months. It was a brutal run and made this year probably my worst ever but I think it's behind (or in back) of me for now. So no skiing for me this year I think.

So I started that thread a few months ago asking about acupuncture. Well I tried that, chiro, inversion table, steriods, epidural, medical marijuana ( :rolleyes: ) and the one thing almost every one said was whatever you do don't get surgery. Well it was the only thing that worked and that my friends is why I don't normally ask for advice here. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

I was waiting until I had news. Last week (3 1/2 weeks after surgery) I was finally almost pain free. Took a walk Monday and was really hoofing it up and down the hills around our place. I had not been that happy in over six months. It was a brutal run and made this year probably my worst ever but I think it's behind (or in back) of me for now. So no skiing for me this year I think.

So I started that thread a few months ago asking about acupuncture. Well I tried that, chiro, inversion table, steriods, epidural, medical marijuana ( :rolleyes: ) and the one thing almost every one said was whatever you do don't get surgery. Well it was the only thing that worked and that my friends is why I don't normally ask for advice here. :D

It was a labotomy right?

Butninactuality, what was your medical diagnosis. And what was the procedure?

It was a labotomy right?

Butninactuality, what was your medical diagnosis. And what was the procedure?

It was a pinched sciatic nerve due to disc damage. I think it was a laminotomy where he removed part of the bone and ligaments pinching the nerve.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to post your weed for sale in the Trading Block forum.

Oh, I didn't know we had one of those. I'll post it there.

Well there's your problem. It's not a suppository.

Well I'll be. The things you learn on a message board.

Well I tried that, chiro, inversion table, steriods, epidural, medical marijuana ( :rolleyes: ) and the one thing almost every one said was whatever you do don't get surgery. Well it was the only thing that worked and that my friends is why I don't normally ask for advice here. :D

You did good Chef. Back surgery is always an iffy proposition...even in the best of hands. Lots of folks have herniated disks/nerve impingements and no symptoms whatsoever. It makes a person with back pain (and subsequent findings on MRI/EMG's) a bit of a dilemma. Exhaust the conservative treatments (or inhale as you alluded) and IF the symptoms match the anatomic findings on diagnostics....then you go with surgery. The best surgeons I've worked with tell patients to avoid surgery if they can. Just my opinion/experience.

You did good Chef. Back surgery is always an iffy proposition...even in the best of hands. Lots of folks have herniated disks/nerve impingements and no symptoms whatsoever. It makes a person with back pain (and subsequent findings on MRI/EMG's) a bit of a dilemma. Exhaust the conservative treatments (or inhale as you alluded) and IF the symptoms match the anatomic findings on diagnostics....then you go with surgery. The best surgeons I've worked with tell patients to avoid surgery if they can. Just my opinion/experience.

I had a good referral to a neurosurgeon. He tried a bunch of things with little or me relief and the surgery was the last resort. After my follow up he said he hopes to never see me again I told him the feeling was mutual. :D

I had a good referral to a neurosurgeon. He tried a bunch of things with little or me relief and the surgery was the last resort. After my follow up he said he hopes to never see me again I told him the feeling was mutual. :D

Good thing it wasn't the same surgeon that reattached Jose Canseco's finger.