How Much of a "Hometown" Crowd Can We Expect in the Motor City

patfitz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they announced yesterday that 67,000 tickets had been distributed (65,000 capacity). They anticipate some no-shows with free tickets, but it sounds like it should be a full house...or darn close. Living in Ohio, I got 4 tickets and I'll be there. Have to leave work a little early, but it'll be worth it. I hope they bring "Shout" with them...it is a "home" game after all.

I think they announced yesterday that 67,000 tickets had been distributed (65,000 capacity). They anticipate some no-shows with free tickets, but it sounds like it should be a full house...or darn close. Living in Ohio, I got 4 tickets and I'll be there. Have to leave work a little early, but it'll be worth it. I hope they bring "Shout" with them...it is a "home" game after all.

I'm not sure how that is possible considering they will also honor the tickets for the Ralph and it is festival seating.

Per WGR, they will be playing it (well, we hope there is a reason to anyway, lol)!

Not much. The Schwartz carry off and the Detroit radio urging fans to wear green. Jets second home likely.

Yeah well, that whole thing is incredibly weak and embarrassing considering the Bills situation. And they can pack all kinds of Lions fans wearing green if they want, I doubt the players on either side give a F***.

Yeah well, that whole thing is incredibly weak and embarrassing considering the Bills situation. And they can pack all kinds of Lions fans wearing green if they want, I doubt the players on either side give a F***.

What the Bills did with the Schwartz thing was weak and embarrassing as well. If there is a largely pro-jets crowd there tomorrow night (and I doubt there will be, the average fan won't care enough) the Bills brought it on themselves. Karma is a heartless B word.

Edited by CodeMonkey

That's what I think as well.

Personally the Schwartz thing was overblown IMO. The story is that he said something jokingly in OTAs, the players remembered it, they were excited at the end of the game, and hoisted him up for a brief period of time. One of the Lions players even came over to him during that time tio shake his hand. This is a carefully executed plan to try to screw over the whole team. The Lions fired him, he didn't leave them. If the fans have such a beef with him that they think it is more important than displaying class in the face of tragedy that a fan base in undergoing and trying to take away the home game for the team that has been through hell this week, that is just poor. Get over it, Lions fans.

I suspect the Lions fans don't blame Scwartz for it. Just the Bills players for doing it. If the Lions were playing at the Ralph under similar circumstances, would Bills fans become Lions fans for the day? Highly unlikely. They would be largely neutral, which is what I expect in Detroit tomorrow night.

I suspect the Lions fans don't blame Scwartz for it. Just the Bills players for doing it. If the Lions were playing at the Ralph under similar circumstances, would Bills fans become Lions fans for the day? Highly unlikely. They would be largely neutral, which is what I expect in Detroit tomorrow night.

Yep - even if they do wear green, they won't have the passion to scream at the top of their lungs on 3rd down when the Bills have the ball, which is pretty much the biggest part of home field.