Marangi Wants Manuel

WeWantMarangi

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you decided to post this 3 times just so people may notice? ;-)

No, I'm just bad at the internet.

When your entire argument to start Manuel can also be applied to Jeff Tuel, you have a bad argument.

Except that Jeff Tuel has started one NFL game, in which he was indisputably terrible, has not been involved in three game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, and was not selected with a first-round pick, you're right. Tuel and Manuel are exactly the same.

You can do better.

Except that Jeff Tuel has started one NFL game, in which he was indisputably terrible, has not been involved in three game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, and was not selected with a first-round pick, you're right. Tuel and Manuel are exactly the same.

You can do better.

That doesn't matter. Your only argument for EJ is "well hopefully he's practiced a couple times and is now better." It's fairy dust. It's nothing. Hell, we don't even know how he's performing in practice. He could very well look WORSE. All of that could apply to Jeff Tuel.

The players almost mutinied on him. Think they're going out there, risking injury, to watch Manuel limp us to the finish line? Do you think anyone wants to be a cog in the failed EJ Manuel experiment part deux?

Edited by FireChan

You can do better.

I would dispute that tuel's start was terrible. It was pretty good for a rookie's first start, against a playoff team.

That doesn't matter. Your only argument for EJ is "well hopefully he's practiced a couple times and is now better." It's fairy dust. It's nothing. Hell, we don't even know how he's performing in practice. He could very well look WORSE. All of that could apply to Jeff Tuel.

The players almost mutinied on him. Think they're going out there, risking injury, to watch Manuel limp us to the finish line? Do you think anyone wants to be a cog in the failed EJ Manuel experiment part deux?

Mutiny? No evidence of that, other than a little griping from receivers, but if you think so. Think Orton's repeated failures (21 drives without a touchdown) might have something to do with the late defensive let-downs the last two weeks? Or in the second half against New England (a game for which Orton did not gotten nearly enough heat for the killer turnovers in the first half)?

I would dispute that tuel's start was terrible. It was pretty good for a rookie's first start, against a playoff team.

I'm looking at it on the whole -- I thought that goal-line pick-six wiped out any good he accomplished. And I'm probably lumping in his Thursday-night disaster against Cleveland. Poor guy looked terrified. Either way, he disqualified himself from future consideration IMO. I don't think Manuel has.

Edited by WeWantMarangi

Hopefully, the idea that "Orton is good enough to win with" has been thoroughly disproven, for the reasons included in the link below. Arguments to the contrary are welcome.

http://wewantmarangi.blogspot.com/2014/11/reality-requires-manuels-return.html

Great. Yeah. Let's see what EJ does W/O CJ,and Freddy,and a hobbled Sammy.

I could use a good laugh.

I'm with Marangi on this. The team needs to know whether EJ can play or not, and has a chance to find out. Keeping Orton in makes no sense; the Bills are just as likely (that is, not likely) to run the table with EJ as with KO.

As has been posted repeatedly, it was painfully obvious EJ was no where ready for prime time. A veteran presence (Orton) leading a rookie-filled line-up, in the near term, makes sense. My concerns about EJ are three-fold: 1) his ability to process the game quickly 2) his accuracy as a passer 3) his courage (or lack thereof) in the pocket.

.................Beats having EJ take a time out on third,and long,and then makes a two yard completion. Orton isn't the long term answer for this team, but EJ Manuel is simply a waste of time.

Orton completed short passes on third and long twice in the fourth quarter against Miami, and it would have been three except he missed Brown on 3rd and 11.

I guess we disagree on the value of continuing to play Orton. Unless you think he gives you a real shot at beating Denver, Green Bay or New England -- and Buffalo needs to win two of those games, and sweep the Jets, Browns and Raiders to get to 10 wins -- I don't see it. I don't have a great deal of faith in Manuel, either, but as I said, there's a much better chance of him getting significantly better than of Orton doing anything other than what he's always done.

And you honestly believe that EJ is going to come in and miraculously turn this team around? He couldn't do when everyone was healthy.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything like that.

Orton completed short passes on third and long twice in the fourth quarter against Miami, and it would have been three except he missed Brown on 3rd and 11.

I guess we disagree on the value of continuing to play Orton. Unless you think he gives you a real shot at beating Denver, Green Bay or New England -- and Buffalo needs to win two of those games, and sweep the Jets, Browns and Raiders to get to 10 wins -- I don't see it. I don't have a great deal of faith in Manuel, either, but as I said, there's a much better chance of him getting significantly better than of Orton doing anything other than what he's always done.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything like that.

What exactly are you saying?