do you consider Sammy to be a rookie phenom?

Tampa Bob

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, you said this year and I showed you a clip from this year. You have yet to supply the clip where someone beat him in that situation. You waited until he played a game with a 1/2 of a groin and tried to prove a point. You may very we'll be the worst poster in TBD and that's saying something. You are totally clueless and an antagonist besides. Take your lack of football knowledge over to the Pats site where you will fit right in.

so you cant find a single play he makes this year in a jump ball situation, then you call preventing ints some kind of great accomplishment( others just call it not making the catch) you ignore he didnt haul in 2-3 passes yesterday that touched his hands because his groin hurt?? It must be nice to just insult someone rather than find or look up the proof. btw He "knocked down" some ints in houston or san diego too but youll just ignore those too. You know who else did alot of "knocking down" ints? Donald jones. Sad to see you cant hear an opinion nor back up your own...just go staright to insults becuase i dont want to say sammy is a superstar...dont worry. In 2 years when i find you all admitting i was right ill call you out on your blind homering.

Can we please just ban this guy? He's an obvious troll and not contributing to the board. No one would be upset. Promise

wow now im a troll it just is amazing if you dont agree with blind optimism how people react....sorry i dont agree w you...oh and could you tell me how many jump balls sammys come up with this year??? oh wait heres the stat ......... 0 Edited by enlightener

so you cant find a single play he makes this year in a jump ball situation, then you call preventing ints some kind of great accomplishment( others just call it not making the catch) you ignore he didnt haul in 2-3 passes yesterday that touched his hands because his groin hurt?? It must be nice to just insult someone rather than find or look up the proof. btw He "knocked down" some ints in houston or san diego too but youll just ignore those too. You know who else did alot of "knocking down" ints? Donald jones. Sad to see you cant hear an opinion nor back up your own...just go staright to insults becuase i dont want to say sammy is a superstar...dont worry. In 2 years when i find you all admitting i was right ill call you out on your blind homering.

Blind homering? I think that is the 1st time that I have ever been accused of that on here. I consider myself a realist and shoot the truth both good and bad on this team.

You still haven't provided a clip. You are referencing these plays but not providing the evidence. We can review them and formulate our opinions from there. Find one scout or shred of evidence that says that he struggles with the ball in traffic. For every 1 opinion that you may find there will be 10 to the contrary.

He doesn't have many chances on 50/50 balls because his separation is insane. Watkins was a shell of himself yesterday as he could not separate from a mediocre secondary. If you use the Vikings game as an example most WR would be battling for that last TD either in the air or with a back shoulder throw. Watkins is so crisp that he just blew the DB away off the LOS and made it look easy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Good post.

I felt at the time of the trade that it was a great trade because Watkins was going to be a star, and you cannot win it all, in any sport, without a star or two. You hardly ever see it anywhere. It doesn't matter what position it is. Sure, it's better if your star is a QB but the Steelers won with their stars being a safety and a linebacker. The Ravens won with their stars being a linebacker and LT (and maybe safety).

Stars win games in team sports. That make great plays in big moments. They set great examples. They make other players look better. Sammy already fits that definition.

IMO, stars are worth more than two very, very good players put together.

Good post, you are right!