A sad statement

Rubes

Who controls the public schools? Totally the fault of the damn lefties...

;)

224224[/snapback]

At least the lefties that controlled public schools in the good old days actually taught us about things like the first amendment and why it was important.

I guess now they just teach "Bush Bad". :rolleyes:

If you read the survey results,

1 in 2 students believe the government should be able to censor newspapers, and

3 in 4 students think singers/rapper should be able to say whatever they want with no gov't censorship.

Watch for Peter Jennings to rap the news soon.

What just that nugget above says to me is that public school (the majority of the schools surveyed were public) don't work. The teachers stink and the students they produce are dumb. If you think I've drawn the wrong conclusions, read that story again, or see how US students stack up in math and science.

I'm glad I have the means to ignore public schooling. I just wish that the private schools could totally abandon the public model.

If you read the survey results,

1 in 2 students believe the government should be able to censor newspapers, and

3 in 4 stedents think singers/rapper should be able to say whatever they want with no gov't censorship.

Watch for Peter Jennings to rap the news soon.

What just that nugget above says to me is that public school (the majority of the schools surveyed were public) don't work. The teachers stink and the students they produce are dumb. If you think I've drawn the wrong conclusions, read that story again, or see how US students stack up in math and science.

I'm glad I have the means to ignore public schooling. I just wish that the private schools could toally abandon the public model, but that's too much to ask.

224255[/snapback]

It's nothing more than the perpetual cycle doing its work. The uninformed/small picture lemmings continue to blather how the problem is lack of adequate funding.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

At least the lefties that controlled public schools in the good old days actually taught us about things like the first amendment and why it was important.

I guess now they just teach "Bush Bad".  :rolleyes:

224241[/snapback]

So true KD, so friggin sad, but true!

The best social studies teacher I ever had was a huge liberal. He was a big time McGovern supporter, etc., but unlike the phony liberal of today, he was into free speech, and would never penalize a student for expressing his or her views. In fact, he encouraged this!

My daughter attends an Ivy League school. Her professor lowered her grade because she argued against his assertion that Ronald Reagan was a "liberal." He is lucky that my daughter, a Hispanic, is far more tolerant than I am. She could have made things rough for the prof, but chose, at her own expense, to rise above.

To this day, there are liberals that I have a ton of respect for, but their numbers are dwindling. The leftists of today are dictatorial in nature and stifle things such as free speech and the rights of property owners at every possible turn.

Sad indeed.

Do you really want to infer that it is only the right that is taking away our liberties in the USA?

224325[/snapback]

My comment was in response to you, when you singled out the Left.

YOU: The leftists of today are dictatorial in nature and stifle things such as free speech and the rights of property owners at every possible turn.

Sad indeed.

Consider my post a reminder that the Right, especially nowadays in view of their control of all the branches of the government, is more in charge of Constitution-trampling than the Left.