(OT) Found my old NINTENDO system.

PIZ

But I was also very afraid of Christian Okoye because I usually tried to play with the bad teams like Indy and New England and their defenses had low hitting power. So a RB like Okoye with high hitting power would just run over my defenders if I couldn't personally get there in time to make a play.

Marion Butts on the Chargers was another rb that always seemed to give me trouble...

Anybody remember the cut scene they had when a player would come back from an injury and it would show him running out of the hospital with all his equipment on? :rolleyes:;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion Butts on the Chargers was another rb that always seemed to give me trouble...

Anybody remember the cut scene they had when a player would come back from an injury and it would show him running out of the hospital with all his equipment on?  :rolleyes:  ;)

224135[/snapback]

I remember playing in a tournament in college with about 12 of us in the dorm and I used the Chargers and ended up playing the Chiefs in the final game. Butts had something like 200 yards rushing, but 3 fumbles. I finally won the game in OT on a 68-yard FG. :lol: I will never forget you John Carney!

The best way to get your Nintendo games working is do the following:

Take a q-tip and dip the end in some rubbing alcohol. Then simply take the q tip and rub the sides and top of the cartridge. The alcohol evaporates quickly and will not damage the game. You know youve cleaned the cartdridge cause afterwards the tip of the qtip is black with all the dust and crud that collects in the game.

Personal favorites (in no particular order):

1. legend of zelda (zelda II was awful)

2. all the megamams

3. castlevania I and III

4. superspike dodgeball (come on, i cant believe anyone didnt mention this)

5. superspike v-ball

6. tecmo superbowl

7. Contra and Contra II

8. punch out

9. 1943

10. track and field II

11. GOAL!

Also, does anyone remember the NES powepad? I still have mine. I have a good game for that too:

12. world class track meet

4.  superspike dodgeball (come on, i cant believe anyone didnt mention this)

224194[/snapback]

Is that the one where you have a team on each side...and you travel to China and Russia? And you could throw all different kinds of power balls if you ran from the back and jumped over the line?

Also, does anyone remember the NES powepad?  I still have mine.

224194[/snapback]

I have the lame R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) that came with the NES when it was initially offered back in 1985. I think they only produced two games for the thing.

The best way to get your Nintendo games working is do the following:

Take a q-tip and dip the end in some rubbing alcohol.  Then simply take the q tip and rub the sides and top of the cartridge.  The alcohol evaporates quickly and will not damage the game.  You know youve cleaned the cartdridge cause afterwards the tip of the qtip is black with all the dust and crud that collects in the game.

Personal favorites (in no particular order):

1.  legend of zelda (zelda II was awful)

2.  all the megamams

3.  castlevania I and III

4.  superspike dodgeball (come on, i cant believe anyone didnt mention this)

5.  superspike v-ball

6.  tecmo superbowl

7.  Contra and Contra II

8.  punch out

9.  1943

10.  track and field II

11.  GOAL!

Also, does anyone remember the NES powepad?  I still have mine.  I have a good game for that too:

12.  world class track meet

224194[/snapback]

I liked superspike V-ball and Goal.

Which team did you pick in superspike? We always took the guys in green shorts that spiked the best. I thought I had beaten the game after playing the Navy, then there was the U.S.S.R., and you were never sure who the last game was against.

I liked superspike V-ball and Goal.

Which team did you pick in superspike?  We always took the guys in green shorts that spiked the best.  I thought I had beaten the game after playing the Navy, then there was the U.S.S.R., and you were never sure who the last game was against.

224248[/snapback]

I always just played with the "normal guys". At the beginning of the game, there is a character selection option. The description for the guys that spiked was "We're going to punish you turkeys with our spikes". Then their was the description of the guys that played good defense (aka team flamboyant): "you'll never rest when we're on the court" or something like that.

You are correct. Waste of money.

224318[/snapback]

That game was so ridiculous. All the robot did was push the controller buttons right? You could play the game with a regular controller so there was no point at even using the robot except for the fact that it looked cool. It did look pretty ridiculous though

For the LOVE... it's  UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT BA SELECT START

(I guess I'm just used to playing with somebody else).

223848[/snapback]

using an old ninendo with my 31/2 year old nephew--just blow hard into the cartridges--across the slot--it took me a few blinking screens to remember this--but my 19 year old son clued me back in--then it works fine.

I have the lame R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) that came with the NES when it was initially offered back in 1985.  I think they only produced two games for the thing.

224242[/snapback]

I had the R.O.B. too and the game it came with was called GYROMITE! But it took too long for the robot to respond to all the commands, so I just used the other controller by hand. Duck Hunt was the other game that came with it.

Either that or download a Nintendo emulator and play the games on your PC. :)  (that's what I did this weekend, except with Commodore 64 games)

223740[/snapback]

and old PC with tv output makes a great gaming console

NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari, and Arcade. There are even some Dreamcast and PS1 emulators, but those require higher end systems and a copy of the CD