Classic Mike Schopp... cuts off Terry Peugla...

Buftex

What is the point of a call about cards and all of that stuff? I get you have time to program but cannot believe that there is a show in which the subject could come up.

We may not like the talking heads of ESPN and other networks but they fill time and generate discussion.

He wants to turn football into a game of cards.

Hate all you want but he's been ahead of the curve on this one. Teams have hired, and are hiring 'Football Outsiders' and 'Football Prospectus' types.

I won't quibble that he sounds extreme sometimes. That doesn't mean he's not closer to being right than a lot of coaches. It's a joke that in 2014, there is any speck of confusion on what to do on 4th down in the 4th Qtr down by 16pts. It should be drilled into every player's/coach's/waterboy's head that punting is not an option there. But coaches regularly punt away any remote chance of winning, while going balls to the wall with their starters in the game down 20pts with 10sec's left trying to get that garbage TD. It should be the complete opposite. But fans all just go along with it because that's how the meatheads have always done it.

The question that begs to be answered here is, "Why did Terry Pegula choose to call The Hobby?

"Hey Mario, you may be big, but there's no bigger car guy than me."

"Hey Mike..."

Sorry if this is too skeptical for the Pegulites and Terryists around here, but I think the regular guy thing is a charade.

I looked hard and didn't actually see any real tears in either the Bills or the Sabres press conferences. Maybe one Buffalo will have them photoshoped in.

Take the Sabres presser - Perrault is in the front row, and he says, "where's Perreault?" looking around like it was scripted.

I could fake cry better, is all I'm saying, and so could my little boy about getting his way on chocolate.

Notice the Pegula stare-down on questions that don't worship him.

This isn't Schopp's fault, it's Terry's

Why would they dump them, people here talk about them all the time. So they are very relevant, maybe not in a good way, but still relevant.

Where I live I get to listen to Dan Lebatard in the afternoon and he's not much better, just as stupid stuff. Most Wednesday afternoons he has 1/2 hour thing with the zoo keeper from the Miami Zoo. A couple years before that it was Prime Time with the Packman (Billy Packers son) He had an entire cast of idiots though over time I did get to enjoy him somewhat.

It seems like afternoon hosts in particular want to show the world that sports is just sports, really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things and anyone who lives and dies with sports.... well lets just say you should feel very sorry for that person as he really has no life to speak of, they are just pretty small minded. That seems to be the prevailing thought from these afternoon sports hosts.

The trouble is people that post things on team message boards are not the typical sports fan, we're fanatics and we want real sports pretty much all the time. But there are many who just view sports as something to do when you have nothing else to do. Its like a number of years back I went to a Bills game with some friends and one of them drove. All the way there we listened to come music CD's where as when I drive I listen to re-game show, the post game show, and the post post game show. But I'm a sports fanatic, people who listen to Shopp aren't.

I gotta ask; WHY aren't WNY Spprts fans SCREAMING for GR to dump these witless goobers?? Really. WHY? No other decent sized city would tolerate it. Granted, competition helps listeners sway preference in other cities -and y'all don't have any.. I THIRST for Buf-Sports, but I killed my WGR AP because I simply won't tolerate it. I prefer listening to Sirius radio and ' tolerate' news about the other teams in the NFL & NHL -just to catch up infrequently on our teams.

THEY got you by the nuts and are laughing at you all -while keeping these goobers low paid and filling their airwaves.

More power to you, Buftex. I choose NOT to succumb..

Hate all you want but he's been ahead of the curve on this one. Teams have hired, and are hiring 'Football Outsiders' and 'Football Prospectus' types.

I won't quibble that he sounds extreme sometimes. That doesn't mean he's not closer to being right than a lot of coaches. It's a joke that in 2014, there is any speck of confusion on what to do on 4th down in the 4th Qtr down by 16pts. It should be drilled into every player's/coach's/waterboy's head that punting is not an option there. But coaches regularly punt away any remote chance of winning, while going balls to the wall with their starters in the game down 20pts with 10sec's left trying to get that garbage TD. It should be the complete opposite. But fans all just go along with it because that's how the meatheads have always done it.

The extremes is what drives me NUTS. Never punt. Really - are you a total idiot?? I agree that coach's should be going more once it gets close to midfield and beyond. And, it would have been really stupid to punt in that situation Sunday. And, fans WOULD NOT have gone along with that. I was there, and everybody was starting to go nuts until the punt team made a U turn back to the sideline.

But, now I heard five minutes of today's show, and it's the only time they talked about UB. And, he says they can "make history" by hiring somebody like the Baylor guy. Kept going on about running more plays. How did that stupid strategy work out for the Bills last year? Got them three and out real quick! Stuff works when you have the talent in football. It's not a game of chance like he thinks it is.