So Let's Pretend the NFL referreing isn't Fixed, Fire Blandino

patfitz

Didnt the Pats beat the Saints last year on a last second throw where a lineman was being held and the ref did nothing?

I feel sorry for you guys/gals that cant see the B.S. that goes on week in and week out.

Seriously, how does a ref call an Offensive Foul on the Rams player yesterday? How does the ref give a 15 yard personal foul on Hughes for tapping his own player on the helmet?

Does anyone remember the Lions game?

Ill go even further, does anyone remember the Chargers game? ( Bills had 2 huge plays, both were called back ).

Ill go even further, does anyone remember the Hold against Kyle Williams in Chicago where the ref actually hit him in the facemask with the flag, and then picked up the flag?

Even further, does anyone remember Watkins getting mugged, flag thrown, then Flag picked up?

To not see something is one thing. TO ACTUALLY THROW A FLAG and then PICK IT UP is another.

Finally, you clowns say there is nothing fixed, but didnt the NBA REF that went to jail show the public anything? ( in case you are wondering about him, go see this

)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt the Pats beat the Saints last year on a last second throw where a lineman was being held and the ref did nothing?

I feel sorry for you guys/gals that cant see the B.S. that goes on week in and week out.

Seriously, how does a ref call an Offensive Foul on the Rams player yesterday? How does the ref give a 15 yard personal foul on Hughes for tapping his own player on the helmet?

Does anyone remember the Lions game?

Ill go even further, does anyone remember the Chargers game? ( Bills had 2 huge plays, both were called back ).

Ill go even further, does anyone remember the Hold against Kyle Williams in Chicago where the ref actually hit him in the facemask with the flag, and then picked up the flag?

Even further, does anyone remember Watkins getting mugged, flag thrown, then Flag picked up?

To not see something is one thing. TO ACTUALLY THROW A FLAG and then PICK IT UP is another.

Finally, you clowns say there is nothing fixed, but didnt the NBA REF that went to jail show the public anything? ( in case you are wondering about him, go see this

)

I'll add to this by saying that of the many poor calls and no-calls this season non was more egregious than the last play in the Texans game...Woods was basically mauled past the 5 yard limit...They could have called the DB for illegal contact or PI...You're not going find a more obvious example of illegal contact...It was blatant...And it came on one heck of a crucial play to boot...

I'm not saying the fix is in necessarily...I am saying there has been some brutally bad officiating that has definitely effected the Bills negatively this season so far...Maybe it will all even out in the end...But I'd rather just see it called the way it should be called... B-)

I'll add to this by saying that of the many poor calls and no-calls this season non was more egregious than the last play in the Texans game...Woods was basically mauled past the 5 yard limit...They could have called the DB for illegal contact or PI...You're not going find a more obvious example of illegal contact...It was blatant...And it came on one heck of a crucial play to boot...

I'm not saying the fix is in necessarily...I am saying there has been some brutally bad officiating that has definitely effected the Bills negatively this season so far...Maybe it will all even out in the end...But I'd rather just see it called the way it should be called... B-)

Totally forgot about the Woods play. There are just too many to mention this year! HA HA..but no conspiracy here, money is made the old fashion way. Hard work, honesty and integrity

To piggyback PO'14....

For everyone saying that fixing the sport would be impossible due to the number of people involved you really should check out Tim Donaghy. If he is believed, here is an excerpt from his wiki page:

On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals. The teams were not named, but the Western Conference Finals was the only seven-game series that year.[40] The document claimed that Donaghy told federal agents that to increase television ratings and ticket sales, "top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees".[39] It also said that NBA officials would tell referees to not call technical fouls on certain players, and states that a referee was privately reprimanded by the league for ejecting a star player in the first quarter of a January 2000 game.[39] Stern denied the accusations, calling Donaghy a "singing, cooperating witness".[40]

Whether you want to believe him or not, it wouldn't be the first time a major league has been found to be fixing games. Serie A in Italy had a huge scandal in 2006.

The point is that fixing these games could be happening. Is it happening? I won't say that. What I will say and what I want all of you to ask yourselves is this; if evidence were to come out tomorrow stating that the league was fixed, on a scale of 1-10 how shocked would you be? If the answer is less than 10 then the NFL has a serious perception problem on their hands.

This game won't stay on top forever and it is the small cracks that cause the entire thing to come down. Whether it be the feeling or reality of refs not being 100% honest, player conduct off the field, league saturation/overexposure, player safety, or something else, problems continue to mount for the NFL.

This is a loser thread. Waa Mommy likes big sister more than me!

well, the nosy neighbors noticed too, this time.

Last week we had Refs throwing flags at air, with no call after the fact. This week we had uneven calls. How was Woods flagged for PI, and Gronk never was.... Why did they flag Hughes?

I guess youre the target audience for this new NFL.

Slow games, lots of laundry.

I think Jim in Anchorage doesnt even get the game. Probably uses old UHF antenna to try to get reception.

No I watch all of them on the internet. First row sports in fact. Look I am the first to throw my arms up in the air and yell "WTF is that!" at a bad call. I just get tired that after every loss[never after a win] there are 7-8 threads on here that the NFL is fixed so the "big markets" Win. ALL teams get bad calls that go against them. ALL teams. We of course more notice the ones that go against the Bills.

There is no conspiracy or collusion. Walt Coleman has a history of controversial calls.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Walt_Coleman

The particular incident you speak of ("just give it to them.") happened in 1998, IIRC.

In 1998, there was no instant replay. Officiating that year was a complete joke. Google Testeverde Helmet Touchdown.

There will always be controversy regarding officiating. Always has been.

I can remember when Bills fans used to B word about the officiating when Dolphins were kicking our ass pretty consistently.

Their rationale for their bitching? Don Shula was on the Rules Committee.

Walt Coleman?!?! The guy behind the Tuck Rule and the AFCCG against the Colts, along with, according to a poster above,

the famous "Just Give it to Them" game? How the heck is he (a) still in the League and (b) allowed to do Patriot* games? If there was ever something that looked fishy about officiating, here it all is in one big package, wrapped up in a nice pink (for Breast Cancer Awareness month--hurry now and buy a pink NFL jersey so the League can make $50 and give $1 to charity) bow.....

It was really pathetic this week. In addition to the phantom calls on the Bills, there were the non-calls against the Pats. They had two huge third down conversions where the reciever clearly pushed the defender away before making the catch and nothing. It's getting to the point where if we win, it is almost like we are beating two opponents, not one.

No I watch all of them on the internet. First row sports in fact. Look I am the first to throw my arms up in the air and yell "WTF is that!" at a bad call. I just get tired that after every loss[never after a win] there are 7-8 threads on here that the NFL is fixed so the "big markets" Win. ALL teams get bad calls that go against them. ALL teams. We of course more notice the ones that go against the Bills.

Actually you are wrong here. They still exist after wins, just far fewer of them.