Travis Henry likely a Bill til draft day

http://www.nypost.com/sports/39110.htm

Bills running back Travis Henry almost certainly will have a new team by the start of the 2005 season, but sources told The Post that the Bills will almost definitely hold on to Henry until the draft, unless they are totally blown away by an offer. Donahoe put the minds of Dolphins fans at ease when he recently stated that he would be willing to trade Henry in the division provided he got enough in return. The Vikings are also interested in the Bills' back.

If anything, this indicates that TD has not received a good offer for Travis.

He is doing his job and holding out for the most value, which is a good thing, but I do get the feeling that nobody is beating down our doors to trade for this player, despite posts which have said that we will get Gallery from the Raiders, or the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft. :w00t:

If anything, this indicates that TD has not received a good offer for Travis.

He is doing his job and holding out for the most value, which is a good thing, but I do get the feeling that nobody is beating down our doors to trade for this player, despite posts which have said that we will get Gallery from the Raiders, or the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft.  :w00t:

Nice overstatement. And teams can't offer anything until March 2nd. Moreover no one knows which UFA RB's will be frachised, re-signed, or whatnot. So making an offer NOW would be stupid anyway. But I like that the Vikes are interested.

Nice overstatement.  And teams can't offer anything until March 2nd.  Moreover no one knows which UFA RB's will be frachised, re-signed, or whatnot.  So making an offer NOW would be stupid anyway.  But I like that the Vikes are interested.

223254[/snapback]

MBD, would you please read my posting again? I DID start it by saying, "IF ANYTHING."

I am thinking that TD has relationships around the NFL. I know that no official offer can be given at this time, but it is possible that TD already has a deal in place, or he is not getting good offers.

What I will say for sure is that posts that suggest that we will get Gallery, Jason Taylor, or the 2nd pick of an NFL Draft for Travis Henry are far fetched at best.

The Vikes don't have a #1 RB.  They have a collection of part-timers.  None have put together the seasons that Travis has, so I can understand them wanting him.  Also Mike Tice is their coach.  Hey, maybe Travis for Moss! :w00t:  :w00t:

223276[/snapback]

Travis for Moss? Only if they throw in Culpepper, McKinney and a first round pick.

You have convinced me.

MBD, would you please read my posting again? I DID start it by saying, "IF ANYTHING."

I am thinking that TD has relationships around the NFL. I know that no official offer can be given at this time, but it is possible that TD already has a deal in place, or he is not getting good offers.

What I will say for sure is that posts that suggest that we will get Gallery, Jason Taylor, or the 2nd pick of an NFL Draft for Travis Henry are far fetched at best.

223284[/snapback]

This post does seem to flat out contradict your earlier post because you say it is possible TD already has a deal in place and this possibility sounds like an additional "anything" to me.

You are right that he might be showing desperation cause there are no bites, but you are also right in your second post that he may already have a deal done. Who knows and there is no authoritative information to insist a deal is done or to insist Henry has no value.

What little we do know of public statements made by folks (which may up beomg true or not vome March is:

1. TD has done a good job for the Bills by letting Henry and his agent do TDs work for him by releasing Henry to find a deal. No trade can be done til March but in the real world some buzz has been created and TD and the Bills are getting valuable information in terms of scoping out the market without him having to use chits to do this before the market is more clear.

2. Henry seems to have bought into this job lock, stock and barrel and he and his agent are out there trying to sell him, and he has moved to FL and created even more momentum for a deal with Miami and a back-up with TB as well as him going on record naming a handful of other teams (Oak, etc,) that he says have expressed an interest in him,

3. Outside of TB, no one has responded publicly to Henry;s public declaration of trade interest. The absence of these declarations tells us little except that TH is in play.

4. Miami is saying a number of things consistent with them being actually interested including Nick Saban declaring public interest in an RB. TD has gone further to publicly state that a trade within the division is possible.

Otherwise we'll see.

I disagree with anyone who insists that the real world events say or imply there is no interest in Henry. On the contrary, expressions of interest may be lies, but they are definitely there unless TH's agent is making up stuff which can easily be shown to be false and will build his reputation as a lar unless the teams named by Henry have exoressed an interest in him (though that interest may well be false(.

You seem to draw contradictory conclusions in your two posts (which is fine) except in your first post you express a belief in a particular outcome which may be true but runs counter to the public declarations that have been made.

This post does seem to flat out contradict your earlier post because you say it is possible TD already has a deal in place and this possibility sounds like an additional "anything" to me.

You are right that he might be showing desperation cause there are no bites, but you are also right in your second post that he may already have a deal done.  Who knows and there is no authoritative information to insist a deal is done or to insist Henry has no value.

What little we do know of public statements made by folks (which may up beomg true or not vome March is:

1. TD has done a good job for the  Bills by letting Henry and his agent do TDs work for him by releasing Henry to find a deal.  No trade can be done til March but in the real world some buzz has been created and TD and the Bills are getting valuable information in terms of scoping out the market without him having to use chits to do this before the market is more clear.

2. Henry seems to have bought into this job lock, stock and barrel and he and his agent are out there trying to sell him, and he has moved to FL and created even more momentum for a deal with Miami and a back-up with TB as well as him going on record naming a handful of other teams (Oak, etc,) that he says have expressed an interest in him,

3. Outside of TB, no one has responded publicly to Henry;s public declaration of trade interest.  The absence of these declarations tells us little except that TH is in play. 

4. Miami is saying a number of things consistent with them being actually interested including Nick Saban declaring public interest in an RB.  TD has gone further to publicly state that a trade within the division is possible.

Otherwise we'll see.

I disagree with anyone who insists that the real world events say or imply there is no interest in Henry.  On the contrary, expressions of interest may be lies, but they are definitely there unless TH's agent is making up stuff which can easily be shown to be false and will build his reputation as a lar unless the teams named by Henry have exoressed an interest in him (though that interest may well be false(.

You seem to draw contradictory conclusions in your two posts (which is fine) except in your first post you express a belief in a particular outcome which may be true but runs counter to the public declarations that have been made.

223297[/snapback]

This post is more focused than is usual for you. In fact, it's a good post!