What are we really giving up if JP starts?

JoeF

nothing.....we will get the same mistakes that we have with Bledsoe...however, he has the ability to make plays and avoid the sacks that Drew cannot...it's that simple!

223258[/snapback]

although Drew isnt cocky...............jp needs his attitude checked before he is the starter

If Pittsburgh can go 15-1 with Ben R. as a rookie, why can't the Bills make the playoffs with JP who will be in his second year?  I would think the Bills would adopt a conservative philosophy and if JP can avoid turning the ball over, we stand as good a chance at making the playoffs as we would with DB back as the starter for 2005.

223189[/snapback]

Bills gameplanning and playcalling couldn't be any more conservative than it was this year as they tried to protect Beldsoe from himself.

Exactly how many games has Bledsoe won in the playoffs with the Bills in the last three seasons? How many playoff games have the Bills played in with Bledose as QB in the last three seasons? NONE AND NONE. End of story.

223537[/snapback]

How many games in the playoffs did Harrington get Detroit? Ramsey in Washington? etc.., etc... etc...

A rookie Qb doesn't mean anything and it could get a lot worse.

If we go with JP, we give up:

1) the chance to see if Drew's improvement was a step toward a major remaking of a late career qb.

2) a wealth of experience against almost every defensive look we will see next year

3) a QB ready to run the no huddle at the drop of a hat

The main advantages of JP are:

1) D's have to plan for a mobile QB--this may loosen up the D some

2) there is little drop off in arm strength between the two--in fact JP's release may be quicker

3) Youthful enthusiasm and a passion for hard work can carry one a long way--JP has loads of both apparently.

223163[/snapback]

Go ask the Ravens if a 2nd year pro, a 2000 yd rusher, and the best offensive line in football can get it done.

It worked for a guy named Kelly.  :lol:

223712[/snapback]

He never won the big one. I liked Kelly's swagger but I hope this team developes some "team" attitude like the Pats, and is not "star" driven like the 0-4 Superbowl teams. Maturity and some humbleness would do Losman good this coming season. In other words, I do not want him showing his "cockiness" off the field.

We give up the playoffs

223165[/snapback]

I'm sorry, the what? Ahhhh the playoffs. God it's been so long I had almost forgotten.

Top defense, top special teams and home in January. We have to see what JP can do on the field. We know Drew's strengths and weaknesses, and we know how far he can carry a team.