Kyle Orton, Tony Romo relationship was 'untenable'

This is same information I posted in one of the threads which I cited a radio interview with Kyle Orton during offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000405182/article/kyle-orton-tony-romo-relationship-was-untenable

Maybe some will believe me now.

Yeah, saw this article earlier.

My thing is I kind of need a definition for "untenable".

As in:

Untenable - the desire or feeling of wanting to punch someone in the face if left alone in the same room with them. Opposite of "good teammates".

As used in a sentence:

Your inappropriate references to my sister's chastity has made our relationship untenable regardless of the coin I am making.

...no gravy, no stake. Somebody has to have more dirt on this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

What I *heard* was that Romo felt threatened by presence of Kyle Orton in Dallass. Romo has always been a little edgy because he was undrafted but evidently someone in locker room made comment that if Romo was unable to get the Cowboys thru first round of playoffs maybe Orton could. This was before Romo went in for season ending back surgery and after he went in for surgery some said chance of winning first playoff game went up; the game against Eagles became a trap game since they were looking past Eagles for playoffs.

This is same information I posted in one of the threads which I cited a radio interview with Kyle Orton during offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/n...p-was-untenable

Maybe some will believe me now.

What I *heard* was that Romo felt threatened by presence of Kyle Orton in Dallass. Romo has always been a little edgy because he was undrafted but evidently someone in locker room made comment that if Romo was unable to get the Cowboys thru first round of playoffs maybe Orton could. This was before Romo went in for season ending back surgery and after he went in for surgery some said chance of winning first playoff game went up; the game against Eagles became a trap game since they were looking past Eagles for playoffs.

Before he went in for surgery & after he led a season saving drive in Washington on the shot back? That was when they looked past an effective playoff game on Sunday Night in which they were an underdog with their backup?

If you want to be believed, maybe make up a better story?

Edited by BuffOrange

Before he went in for surgery & after he led a season saving drive in Washington on the shot back? That was when they looked past an effective playoff game on Sunday Night in which they were an underdog with their backup?

If you want to be believed, maybe make up a better story?

Maybe I need to reword what I said adding time references. None of this is first hand or even 2nd hand.

After disastrous Packers game and before Washington game (this was before Romo went in for season ending back surgery):

Someone in locker room made comment that if Romo was unable to get the Cowboys thru first round of playoffs maybe Orton could. I assume it was a comment regarding discussed potential back surgery for Romo.

After he went in for surgery:

Some (more than 1) said chance of winning first playoff game went up. I heard same thing from some Cowboy fans but fans being how they are often irrational.

This type of report on radio (where I heard it) would certainly gnaw on Romo. I do not know if person reporting it heard it first hand (being in locker room), second hand (talked to players), third hand (talked to someone who talked to players) or so on. Bills were out of playoff hunt and was just listening to sports radio.

IMO the game against Eagles became a trap game since some were looking past Eagles for playoffs. So they were considered an underdog? Press and sports bet line evaluators are often wrong.

Yeah, saw this article earlier.

(...)

...no gravy, no stake. Somebody has to have more dirt on this.

It kind of reads to me like a rehash - Rapoport reiterates his unsubstantiated claim that Marrone was upset by the $$ amount paid Orton (didn't want Orton), claims the decision to replace EJ was made on the flight home (Marrone states decision was made Monday after watching the all-22 twice).

It's basically one reporter quoting another reporter as a source - nice system (not!). I'm not sure how much credence can be given to the Orton gouge given the source (another reporter) and the lack of substantiation on his previous reports.

Edited by Hopeful