Give EJ a 5 year/$75million extension NOW

BringBackFergy

He will turn it around and when he does....look out. We'll have teams clammoring to sign him. So it makes sense to sign him long term right now. I'd say sign him for 8 years but that might not fly...so 5 years/$75mill sounds reasonable. He would be locked in and we'll have a star in 2-3 more years on the cheap.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a stud like this you don't try to get him on the cheap. He needs to be a 100 million dollar man.

Paying him $100mill would draw too much attention and probably invite a challenge from other teams. Keep his payday respectable but under the radar. This is the type of forward thinking we need at OBD.

That's real smart.. EJ is a mediocre quarterback so just keep him on and pay him 75 mil?? The Bills have had a really good quarterback since Jimbo and they haven't had a top coach since Marv.. You folks in Buffalo must be drinking from the Niagra river

He will turn it around and when he does....look out. We'll have teams clammoring to sign him. So it makes sense to sign him long term right now. I'd say sign him for 8 years but that might not fly...so 5 years/$75mill sounds reasonable. He would be locked in and we'll have a star in 2-3 more years on the cheap.

This is a really bad idea. I wouldn't go above 5 years/$65 mill, with a club option for a 6th year. $75m? What are you smoking?

Paying him $100mill would draw too much attention and probably invite a challenge from other teams. Keep his payday respectable but under the radar. This is the type of forward thinking we need at OBD.

Plus He's got his public stock offering to fall back on.

Anyone look what share prices did after the game? It would be a buying opprotunity

That's real smart.. EJ is a mediocre quarterback so just keep him on and pay him 75 mil?? The Bills have had a really good quarterback since Jimbo and they haven't had a top coach since Marv.. You folks in Buffalo must be drinking from the Niagra river

Your thinking is rather obtuse. Pay the man!

perfect. Classic!

Strike while the iron's hot...we have a respectable QB, great size, arm strength and improving each week. You lock him in now and avoid a bidding war in 2-3 years. You need to think ahead rather than look back.

This is a really bad idea. I wouldn't go above 5 years/$65 mill, with a club option for a 6th year. $75m? What are you smoking?

I know but he may not bite for that $$. You don't want to scare him away.

Strike while the iron's hot...we have a respectable QB, great size, arm strength and improving each week. You lock him in now and avoid a bidding war in 2-3 years. You need to think ahead rather than look back.

I know but he may not bite for that $$. You don't want to scare him away.

Exactly. One more Byrd/Levitre/Rheingold situation and I'm so !@#$ing done with this team.

Most of appear to have been on diapers when we had a great team.. EJ should be selling cars

I'm not super old but I've watched a lot of YouTube highlights: I can say that EJ demonstrates the kind of level headed decision making that teams can only dream about....and he's ours. Lock him up.