Clements added to the probowl roster

Dan III

being the second alternate isnt to bad.

but why is it that no one cares thats your an alternate, unless the guy ahead of you is hurt, then all of a sudden your the greatest thing in the world...

fletcher has been an alternate for 2 years now(i think 2 years) and noone gives him the credit he deserves. :w00t:

Great for clements though...

being the second alternate isnt to bad.

but why is it that no one cares thats your an alternate, unless the guy ahead of you is hurt, then all of a sudden your the greatest thing in the world...

fletcher has been an alternate for 2 years now(i think 2 years) and noone gives him the credit he deserves.  :w00t:

Great for clements though...

221782[/snapback]

Sadly, you're right. Only if a player not on the original list actually goes to Honolulu does he get league attention. I lost acouple bets on that last year when Bills D-guys were on alternate lists but didn't go..

ATTA -BOY, Nate!!

:w00t::D:D Man I love this board. Just yesterday I went back in the archives and read posts the day after the Jags loss and there was at least 20 threads about how Clements is selfish, overated etc. Good stufff. I highly recomend checking it out, in hindsight it is absolutley hillarious.

it'll just make him more expensive to re-sign.

congrats and whatnot, but it's not good news for The Bills.

It does NOTHING for the Bills *team* and their *future success* to have a player voted to the prowbowl. It only inflates their value.

F the probowl. It's a lame game that nobody really wants to win. Big effin deal.

Re-sign Nate soon. I'm sure the happiest person is his agent. His agent is probably counting the dollar signs. I don't know if the Bills give him the 6-8M/season some team will pay him if/when he reaches the FA market in a year.

The Bills announced today that cornerback Nate Clements has been added to the AFC roster for the Pro Bowl, marking the first time since 1993 (Nate Odomes) that the Bills will have a cornerback on the Pro Bowl roster.

Re-sign Nate soon.  I'm sure the happiest person is his agent.  His agent is probably counting the dollar signs.  I don't know if the Bills give him the 6-8M/season some team will pay him if/when he reaches the FA market in a year.

221853[/snapback]

that's why you don't let him get to free agency! you pay the man -- he's earned his contract........

i'm sick of people acting like buffalo is some disadvantaged franchise that can't afford to keep their good YOUNG talent........this is a salary cap league and we have the same amount of room as everyone else........thankfully, our cap is in good shape and we can afford to keep guys we develop......watching guys like winfield (and perhaps jennings) walk away is a shame, especially considering we could have kept them around just be giving them fair offers a year before they turn free agents.......

oh that's right, the players are greedy, they all want to leave, they don't want our money a year early, yada yada yada.......defantiely has nothing to do with TD's "lowball" strategy......