Throw to CJ

gjv001

I think is often used as EJ's check-down option. And, I think he's better suited to that function than Spiller.

Kinda smart if thats the case.

But Spiller has shown that he's over the injury and still explosive . Getting them both on the field at the same time has been fun

A couple-three times in the past two weeks, the Bills had a nice flair toss (not exactly a screen) to Fred. And Fred had a lot of space, with one man the beat---and got tackled by that man. Not bashing Fredex here in any way. Guy is a warrior with no quit. And, as has been pointed out, he tends to get the 2-3 extra yards on runs up the middle. but that flair pass seems perfectly suited to Spiller, IMO. With one guy to beat, in the open field, i like CJs chances. Hopefully we'll see that go for some big yardage soon.

Good call, I noticed and forgot but yup frustrating when he can't shake the first guy but he is Fred so he'll spank some youngster on a play like that on occasion. It is more suited for CJ, I've been saying for a long time that CJ is a prototype 3rd down back and when he isn't in on 3rd down (because he is a more of a dual threat than Fred) I feel like we are missing an opportunity.