love that we scrapped the no huddle

I haven't heard much talk about us not going no huddle anymore but I really think it has benefited our young QB. I have to believe it put a lot of pressure on EJ to process everything when we were rushing and speeding things up they way they were. During mini camp I heard Hackett talking about how he wanted to get the plays off even faster this year and that they were working on upping the tempo to get more plays off. Then pre season came and I didn't see it so I thought the Bills might just be hiding it and not showing their hand. Somewhere between mini camp and the pre season the no huddle was dismantled. We may go back to it or use it from time to time in the future but it is obvious that our new style and approach is being effective. I haven't heard the media talk or ask any questions about the no huddle but I may have missed it.

Seattle East.

Pound the rock.

Lots of play action.

Physical nasty defense.

That's old school football. I have been told (for the past 2 decades at least) that this kind of football does not work anymore.

It must be a mirage.

I wasn't impressed with Nathaniel Hackett after his first season, but he's winning me over. In Hackett and Marrone's first year, it felt like they came in with a plan and attempted to "force-fit" our personnel into it. This year feels different. They have scrapped the hurry-up, which is too much responsibility for a rookie QB. They are using CJ more in open space and less pounding up the middle. They are using play action and misdirection plays more effectively as well.

The offence is not where it needs to be yet in the read zone, but at least they are moving the ball down the field and avoiding 3-and-out's and turnovers. This offence is improving and the defence is solid. This is a real team today that is still getting better.