Empirical evidence of 1(of many) Miami false starts.

OCinBuffalo

I'm all for whining about the Ref's but you got to know when to pick your battles.

Arguing a ref's call on what, in the end had little effect on the Bills WIN.

be a happy winner

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. If not, why bother having rules?

Speaking of whiners, we got the sideline penalty due to ref whining because he took a header due to his own uncoordinated ass.

To wit:

http://www.dailymoti...g-himself_sport

Pause 1: You can clearly see the coaches backing the players off the white paint.

Pause 2. There's the idiot ref on the right side

Pause 3. There's him running over the line, into the green, into our guy, and proceeding to take a header as a result. Rather than self-awareness, and realizing what he'd done, he throws a flag on us.

Um, who is doing the whining again? :lol:

Then there's the endzone view. Let the vid play a little bit to see it.

Pause 1: There the ref is, in the green, with no clue where he is going, running into our guy.

He threw flag on us due to his own lack of athletic ability.

RIght is right, and this is wrong.

But, at the very least, you got to look at an awesome play, and the great blocking/running that made it possible, in slow mo. So.....what?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There was a OG last year(I think it was Baltimore) who made some movement with his upper body right before the snap last year that was driving me crazy. He would do it over and over again and there was never a flag. Still don't understand how it was within the rules, but obviously it was.

I read that Lee Smith got it, even though he was inactive. He was running with Spiller down the sidelines and unintentionally ran through an official.

Thanks. Further down in this thread someone said the official was not running in the white zone and ran into Smith, then called a foul on him. Seems consistent with the rest of the way they called this game, but it doesn't matter, we are 2-0 and could not have started the season any better.

Thanks for making the slow-mo video.

About 5 of us participating in the game day thread noticed this and commented on it immediately.

That is the sort of call the refs usually get right too, in all fairness. I am really surprised that was not flagged.

It wasn't even close in real time to the naked eye.

If that play had resulted in a different outcome to the game, and if it had been a playoff game, this is the sort of blown call that would live on in infamy forever.

Kind of like Brett Hull's foot in the crease.

Linky No Worky

Which one? If it's the Youtube link, I imagine the pesky NFL/Youtube mods have discovered me! Oh noes!

Tell me which one and I will...adapt and overcome.

EDIT: I believe I have adapted. Resistence is futile.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

OC,

Your link worked and I believe both are right. See that yellow line between the green and the white of the sideline? The players are supposed to be behind that, and the coaches are supposed to be the only ones in front of the yellow line. So, technically while the ref running into the green was horrible coordination, Smith shouldn't have been over that line. Typically it's the get back coach's job to keep that area clear:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2010/12/cowboys-get-back-coach-will-be.html/

Team personnel in the bench area must observe the zone restrictions in the three areas — (1) the first border or white stripe; (2) the second border; and (3) the player area. Violations of the zone restrictions are subject to fine at the discretion of the commissioner and game officials have been directed to call unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when warnings to clear the first border areas are not heeded. Safety and officiating access are the prime consideration

First border — The only persons allowed in this solid white six-foot (minimum) area on a continuous basis during the game are the Game Officials and the chain crew; no coaches or players.

Second Border — Extends to solid yellow line within the bench area that is six feet from the solid white border. Within the bench area, the only persons allowed within this second border on a continuous basis during the game are the head coach, assistant coaches involved in calling signals, assistant coaches in charge of substitutions, and small groups of situation substitution players ready to be sent into the game immediately. No other players are allowed in the second border.

Players & Bench Personnel — Except for those persons allowed in the first and second borders, all other persons with bench credentials and all players not in the game at the time shall remain in the bench area behind the second border.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. If not, why bother having rules?

Speaking of whiners, we got the sideline penalty due to ref whining because he took a header due to his own uncoordinated ass.

To wit:

http://www.dailymoti...g-himself_sport

Pause 1: You can clearly see the coaches backing the players off the white paint.

Pause 2. There's the idiot ref on the right side

Pause 3. There's him running over the line, into the green, into our guy, and proceeding to take a header as a result. Rather than self-awareness, and realizing what he'd done, he throws a flag on us.

Um, who is doing the whining again? :lol:

Then there's the endzone view. Let the vid play a little bit to see it.

Pause 1: There the ref is, in the green, with no clue where he is going, running into our guy.

He threw flag on us due to his own lack of athletic ability.

RIght is right, and this is wrong.

But, at the very least, you got to look at an awesome play, and the great blocking/running that made it possible, in slow mo. So.....what?

Yeah, that's a bull **** flag, right there.

Yeah, I was perplexed as well with the NUMBER of times it happened and wasn't called. How is that even possible??? The refs are closer to the action than the camera and should be able to get that right all day long!!!

Edited by J-Bo