"We can sleep tonight"

Tipster19

That's a quote from John Murphy from his show early today/yesterday. It's true, it says it all. We have been living in the unknown fear of what is going to happen to this franchise. Now it's all put to rest, we can rest. The Pegulas, in the process of what they did by purchasing this organization and ensuring it's future in Buffalo, validates us. We are once again solidified as a bonafide stable NFL team that knows it's future and it feels good!

One other note in closing. I, like many, didn't know what was going to happen before the Bears' game. With all the uncertainy of the team and what to expect from them, the publicized eruptions from the administration, some newer players questioning the fans after the preseason and last but not least the unknown abilities of EJ's play and leadership. That is what I want to state more than anything is I as a fan of this team felt about EJ. I admit that before the game I was in great doubt of him and was dragging what I was going to witness from him. I gladly admit that I was wrong about him. He showed me an awful lot in that game and I am firmly a believer in him from here on out. Seeing him play in that game,I know the stat line was modest, showed what kind of player and leader that he can be. We are in good hands folks, regardless of what kind of ups and downs that we may endure. All we need is for him to stay healthy and we'll be fine. A lot has come to light since that game . His work ethic and dedication is unsurpassed. Couple that with how and what he said and did Saturday night in front of the offense screamed of leadership. The kid rose to the challenge and not only did he met it but more importantly he conquered it! Does anyone really comprehend and appreciate just what this kid must of had to face??! Barely a 2nd year player, not much more than a kid, plopped right smack dab in the middle of a volcanic situation in not only this franchise but in this community as well and he came up aces! I haven't even gotten into the quality of person he is. I have been reading a heck of a lot about him since Sunday and this man has been committed his whole life and it's wonderful to watch his dreams unfold for him, to be a very small part of it and to know that's happening through us, with us and for us. I am so proud if him and grateful that this type if person, this type of man and this type of player is wearing our colors. I will never wonder or question him again. I am a EJ Manual fan 100% from here on out and to paraphrase a former Buffalo Bill, "That's my QB!"

On EJ. I hated the pick for about 10 minutes. I actually said right before we picked him..."any QB but Manuel." We picked him and I hit the web. After watching a highlight video I found this one and felt like "hell, yeah", I'm on board. We don't have film of his speech from Saturday, but if it was anything like this one, I can see how it motivated guys. Leadership, confidence, charisma, intelligence cannot be learned, they are inherent traits in people. He has all of them. Once he tunes in his accuracy he will be a force in the league IMO. Go Bills.

On EJ. I hated the pick for about 10 minutes. I actually said right before we picked him..."any QB but Manuel." We picked him and I hit the web. After watching a highlight video I found this one and felt like "hell, yeah", I'm on board. We don't have film of his speech from Saturday, but if it was anything like this one, I can see how it motivated guys. Leadership, confidence, charisma, intelligence cannot be learned, they are inherent traits in people. He has all of them. Once he tunes in his accuracy he will be a force in the league IMO. Go Bills.

the players said this was out of character for him to do that though. he's not normally a rah-rah kind of guy. i hope he becomes that guy from now on. we need him to step up and say this is my team and i'm going to do whatever it takes to win

the players said this was out of character for him to do that though. he's not normally a rah-rah kind of guy. i hope he becomes that guy from now on. we need him to step up and say this is my team and i'm going to do whatever it takes to win

It has to be hard for Rookie QB to come in and be a leader from day one. It takes some time to earn respect, show your work ethic, have some sort of performance on the field to back your words up. Year 2 though, that's a different story. You're right, hopefully we see more of it going forward because it makes a big difference on the field when you have a guy like that leading your offense.