Transportation from Airport

Captain Caveman

Just in and out for the day, so wouldn't need any luggage.

Gonna be close... Figure, even if it lands on time... 10 minutes to the curb... Now you are @ 11:40 and hustle right to the stadium... I am assuming the cabbie jumps on the 33 and takes the 90 to the 219?

Do you have tickets? You'd get cheap ones right after kickoff!

Game over @ around 4... That should be no problem if you can get a cab to come in that clustereff... I'd have him meet me away from The Stadium and closer up SW BVD towards the 219.

Can you ask somebody to hitch a ride closer out of the traffic? This past Saturday night, I parked @ my work by Navy Pier and was standing in the cab line to go to Lincoln Park (Lincoln Station)... I saw 3 Bills fans far ahead of me and asked: "Hey Bills fans! Where you headed?" They said: "Delilah's." I said: "I am going to Lincoln Station right by where you are going... Mind if I share a cab?" I was wearing my Sabres hat so as not to jinx the Bills this weekend (it worked)... So we shared a cab and I picked up the 14 dollar ride with a 20 anyway for imposing on their group.

My point... Ask somebody for a hitch closer out, so the cab doesn't have fight the traffic... I assume you will have to call a cab and they radio them in. ??

Getting in, that late in the morning most of the traffic will be done and at the stadium. Getting back, like Exiled said, make arrangements with your cabbie to meet them somewhere after the game, don't expect them to be able to drive up to the stadium to get you. Your cabbie should know where is a good place to get out and on the road afterwards.

Getting in, that late in the morning most of the traffic will be done and at the stadium. Getting back, like Exiled said, make arrangements with your cabbie to meet them somewhere after the game, don't expect them to be able to drive up to the stadium to get you. Your cabbie should know where is a good place to get out and on the road afterwards.

Yep! I would say get yourself up Southwestern towards Union... Meet the cabbie there... Hitch if you have too! LoL...

Say the game is over by 4... Which is the norm... BUT who knows, OT again?? That gives you only 3.5 hours to get your flight... Of course, if WHEN the Bills win... It will be an even bigger mess... Mine as well just miss your flight and sleep @ Hammer's... Of course in his barn and on the hay! You might have to do clean-up chores to pay for board. Farmer's daughter is off limits too... ;-P ;-P

...SEE, it all comes back to 3.5!!!!!! ;-)

I am almost banking you won't make the opening kickoff... Maybe... That 11:30 in flight is pushing it... You got tickets?

Not yet, will probably get it on Stubhub. As far as kickoff, it would be close. In my experience the flights from Newark to Buffalo usually get in a few minutes early, won't have any luggage, will have express check out with the car rental agency, and will park maybe 15-20 mins out walking to further avoid traffic. Will probably sleep on it tonight and make a decision in the morning.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Not yet, will probably get it on Stubhub. As far as kickoff, it would be close. In my experience the flights from Newark to Buffalo usually get in a few minutes early, won't have any luggage, will have express check out with the car rental agency, and will park maybe 15-20 mins out walking to further avoid traffic. Will probably sleep on it tonight and make a decision in the morning.

If you are going to miss kickoff, you mine as well wait... Somebody will be selling @ deep discount after kickoff... BUT don't quote me on it! There is always the tailgate fest! LoL... If it is sold out, watch it on TV @ The Big Tree, etc...

If you are going to miss kickoff, you mine as well wait... Somebody will be selling @ deep discount after kickoff... BUT don't quote me on it! There is always the tailgate fest! LoL... If it is sold out, watch it on TV @ The Big Tree, etc...

Yeah, I'm not willing to gamble on the tickets if I'm flying in.

Since your coming from the airport... Probably, 33 to 90 west, then before it turns toll... Take the 219... Get off Milestrip... Then to stadium. I would parke farther out, so you could get out faster. Walk it in maybe from ECC parking lot or around that area... California Road, etc...

Anybody else have better suggestion... If he goes deep in, he may have more trouble getting out faster. Not that it is a problem, but seeing how he has to return the rental and catch a flight... 3.5 hours is going to make it a but hectic.

Stay sober if you are driving! Hope you have a great time!