The perfect beer for every NFL team

Wow. I just went to that site, and a bunch of places did pop up. I think that many of them are probably dead ends-- the closest to me is a tiny, old bowling alley that's hardly ever open. But I'm going to make this a Genny Cream Ale quest. My first season with the NFL ticket AND cold Genny Cream Ale??? The stars must be aligning ! Get ready for the Super Bowl everyone!!!

Yeah, I only recently discovered the beer finder myself. I moved to South Carolina a couple years ago, and gave up on finding any genesee/Dundee products except for the occasional sixer of honey brown a while ago, until a few weeks ago when I was driving back from the bills/panthers preseason game. I stopped at a gas station for a Gatorade and to use the bathroom when I noticed they had tall boys of genny cream, genny ice, and genny light. I bought all the genny cream they had, lol. After making this discovery I decided to do a little research to see if there were other places around carrying genny and that's when I found the beer finder. It's been pretty accurate for me so far. Most of the places around here that have it only have tall boys but that's fine for football watching since I'll usually have at least 2 during a game anyway.

Edited by Chandemonium

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Maine, and I can get 24-oz man-cans of Genny Cream at a couple of select locations, but that's it. No 12-packs, cases, bottles, etc. The good news is they are only a buck.

i only got half way through, but we got the shiiiitiest beer on the list.

i also can't believe people are describing the flavor profile of Genny Cream and Labatts. I am a bit of a beer snob, worked at a micro bewery in the midwest for a while. There are so many options for really good beer these days. While I will drink anything around, nobody is considering Labatt Blue and Genny good beers, the same way nobody really thinks McDonalds makes good hamburgers. They have their place and it ends there.

I brew my own beer and enjoy the good stuff, but if you're talking about beers that ring in at 50 cents per 12-oz. serving and can be quaffed continuously for an entire Sunday, in my opinion you just can't beat the Screamer.

Agreed! There are many great beers to choose from, but Labatt's is a good choice for our team's beer. The only major city in the US where the best selling beer is not made in the US. Genny Cream is barely drinkable. Genny screamers - takes me back to the mid 70s watching men's fast pitch softball behind the firehall. Screamers and Mickey's wide-mouth..Or the occassional Miller ponies. All had their time and place, but none stand up to the beers available today. Try a Dogfish 90 or even a Fat tire and then tell me beer is beer...

Genny Screamers. Yep. That's what we used to call them. Tastes like high school.

Yeah, I only recently discovered the beer finder myself. I moved to South Carolina a couple years ago, and gave up on finding any genesee/Dundee products except for the occasional sixer of honey brown a while ago, until a few weeks ago when I was driving back from the bills/panthers preseason game. I stopped at a gas station for a Gatorade and to use the bathroom when I noticed they had tall boys of genny cream, genny ice, and genny light. I bought all the genny cream they had, lol. After making this discovery I decided to do a little research to see if there were other places around carrying genny and that's when I found the beer finder. It's been pretty accurate for me so far. Most of the places around here that have it only have tall boys but that's fine for football watching since I'll usually have at least 2 during a game anyway.

We shall see how accurate the site is on the West Coast. I've got my fingers crossed.

Wow. I just went to that site, and a bunch of places did pop up. I think that many of them are probably dead ends-- the closest to me is a tiny, old bowling alley that's hardly ever open. But I'm going to make this a Genny Cream Ale quest. My first season with the NFL ticket AND cold Genny Cream Ale??? The stars must be aligning ! Get ready for the Super Bowl everyone!!!

Whatever pops your Top brother! Friend down in S C always grabs some cream ale when he visits .

I love a good quest !!

Screamers , high school , yep :thumbsup:

Agreed! There are many great beers to choose from, but Labatt's is a good choice for our team's beer. The only major city in the US where the best selling beer is not made in the US. Genny Cream is barely drinkable. Genny screamers - takes me back to the mid 70s watching men's fast pitch softball behind the firehall. Screamers and Mickey's wide-mouth..Or the occassional Miller ponies. All had their time and place, but none stand up to the beers available today. Try a Dogfish 90 or even a Fat tire and then tell me beer is beer...

Miller ponies ! lord that takes me back. Nasty but we drank alot of them as youths. When i was in alabama late 70s we bought a case of miller cans. It was brewed in texas . One of the best beers i ever had at that point .

Needless to say my tastes have changed

Edited by 3rdand12

I brew my own beer and enjoy the good stuff, but if you're talking about beers that ring in at 50 cents per 12-oz. serving and can be quaffed continuously for an entire Sunday, in my opinion you just can't beat the Screamer.

I think if I drank Screamers for an entire Sunday that my bowels would rend the universe in twain early Monday morning. Still better than Budweiser though.