Is John Murphy Delusional or What?

patfitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with some stubborn optimism in the media.

The media and fan reaction to some preseason practice scrimmages has been negatively over-the-top.

Balance it out a little.

The fan reaction is negatively over-the-top?

Um, we have witnessed 14 straight years of absolutely pitiful and pathetic football.

The Bills offense failed to show ANYTHING this pre-season, and good football teams don't do that.

Good football teams also don't "hold back the playbook"...or start an undrafted WR, who couldn't catch on with 3 other WR-needy teams, over a former 2nd round pick, who was "the most NFL-ready WR" in his draft class.

Here's a few more things good football teams don't do...

1. Completely decimate a pretty good offensive-line, for one position.

2. Use 3 roster spots on kickers/punters...or use a draft pick on a kicker and not let him compete for the job.

3. Take a player like Marquise Goodwin off kickoffs to "keep him healthy," and put another player like CJ Spiller in there and say, "what's the risk, players don't get hurt on kickoffs." (Talk about contradicting yourself.)

4. Go through damn near the entire free agent list of quarterbacks within 12 months...and then...

5. Sign a Kyle Orton-type backup to a $5.5 million dollar contract, as a backup.

Doug Marrone was considered a good NFL head coach candidate because he "turned around Syracuse" with a 25-25 record...which makes me wonder what the hell a "turnaround" is in sports these days? (That's like saying Jauron/Gailey turned around the Bills.)

I'm alright with giving up on TJ Graham, or cutting Alan Branch...good teams DO make THOSE moves sometimes.

It's the other stuff that is absolutely completely mind-blowing...this is the best football team we have seen on that field in a very long time, and these fools are going to completely screw it up, yet again. (Whaley has done a good job turning over the roster though.)

So, please help me understand how we are expected to act like everything is alright? I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of defending this team, over and over again, to be made out to look like a complete fool.

Edited by Bob Malooga

@ Bob Malooga

I think most Bills fan have tunnel vision, as in they only watch the Bills and then form opinions of other teams off of what they see on ESPN.

Did you know that San Francisco's first team offense scored 0 TDs in the preseason? Do you consider them a good team?

I love when people bring up 14 years of losing as if it validates overreacting to practice scrimmages. This is easily the most negativity I've seen in recent offseasons. The media is capitalizing on it, too.

How come we weren't this negative after 9 years? 13 years? Did we look better in our practice scrimmages those years?

i don't know about you guys but I feel that, in all honesty, we are a decent coach, QB and possibly interior lineman away from being a team that puts out winning seasons back to back and contends for playoff spots.

That said, by next season, you will get to see the future of the team completely unfold. From coaching, to front office, to owner and players that are supposed to lift the team. We will have our answers in the next 10 months.