An Honest Conversation About Race

3rdnlng

Black children, Mexican Children, heck even White Children do okay when when they have two parents/ and or strong consistent role models in place to put feet in the right places when they go astray. The strong family unit, IMHO, is becoming more apparent the key to getting any kid a decent shot.

In 2014, any kids who makes it through college and works their butts off can succeed, I truly believe that. Merit in this day and age still rules supreme.

What makes this worse, as I've mentioned often, is the progressive handout "incentive" program; the more children you have out of wedlock with no father around, the more 'free' money you get.

This is made worse by the fact that (a) the children are then raised by the bad guys in the city and (b) they grow up believing it's normal to get chicks pregnant and not be responsible for the upbringing of the child.

But I'm sure gator has some DailyKos article that tells him this only happens because of racism.

What makes this worse, as I've mentioned often, is the progressive handout "incentive" program; the more children you have out of wedlock with no father around, the more 'free' money you get.

This is made worse by the fact that (a) the children are then raised by the bad guys in the city and (b) they grow up believing it's normal to get chicks pregnant and not be responsible for the upbringing of the child.

But I'm sure gator has some DailyKos article that tells him this only happens because of racism.

The liberals and "pro"gressives have literally forged political careers by creating a permanent underclass.

By giving out so much in social programs and making people dependent upon the government you control them. You can never take away the social programs because you will be branded all sorts of terrible unfair names. As long as the social programs stay in place the democrats will always be voted back in. All they have done is to tske advantage of and create a permanent underclass of poor and minorities to ensure their worthless political careers will never be in jeopardy.

Its sad

The quicker we forget about race and stop judging others for what they are versus who they are the better we will be. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be, but seeing this thread title a few times now has rubbed me a little bit.

What do we need to discuss about race? I wish we could just forget race, sexuality in 99% of contexts, sexual preference, religious beliefs, etc. Of course, that makes no sense. It doesn't have to. I just hate that people hold up race as something it is not. It does not matter, it should not matter.

In 20 years it'll matter a lot less. In 40 years even less than that.

The liberals and "pro"gressives have literally forged political careers by creating a permanent underclass.

By giving out so much in social programs and making people dependent upon the government you control them. You can never take away the social programs because you will be branded all sorts of terrible unfair names. As long as the social programs stay in place the democrats will always be voted back in. All they have done is to tske advantage of and create a permanent underclass of poor and minorities to ensure their worthless political careers will never be in jeopardy.

Its sad

It's worse than sad. It's pathetically embarrassing.

Why, how long before a white Democrat stands in front blacks and tells them that when they hear Republicans yell "Let's take our country back," it's code for "they're gonna put you back in chains?"

Now let's be honest; if anything that stupid would happen, it wouldn't be long before the same white Democrat would stand in front of union stools, and easily repeat the very phrase "Let's take our country back" that he was previously critical of in front of blacks.

How any thinking human can support or defend the progressive way of life is beyond me.

The quicker we forget about race and stop judging others for what they are versus who they are the better we will be. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be, but seeing this thread title a few times now has rubbed me a little bit.

What do we need to discuss about race? I wish we could just forget race, sexuality in 99% of contexts, sexual preference, religious beliefs, etc. Of course, that makes no sense. It doesn't have to. I just hate that people hold up race as something it is not. It does not matter, it should not matter.

In 20 years it'll matter a lot less. In 40 years even less than that.

Check out the OP and the article that quotes the black guy. I think the vast majority of us would like things to be color blind. The differences (and perceived ones) are constantly being brought to the forefront by Obama, Holder, Jackson & Sharpton. It suits their agendas to further racial strife. Does it really matter that a Mike Brown was shot by a white cop versus a black cop? What matters is why he was shot.

Home ownership is driving most of the "wealth" gap. That's a game a lot of single parent folks can't begin to partake in. Getting knocked up a time or two with no advanced marketable job skills is nearly a self-imposed life sentence of poverty, and in this secular day and age, there's a spiritual poverty that drives the narrative of the worthlessness of the individual. Progressives own this. It's their baby. It's plantation politics by the left.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/27/news/economy/wealth-whites-blacks/

It's always easier to blame others and claim they'll never change/things won't ever improve for you until they do, than trying to change yourself. That's why black leaders who preach personal responsibility are called "Uncle Toms."