What, no confidence?

Fredo G.

We have a run stuffing D, great run game,best wr group in years Mike Williiams will have a breakout season EJ will be yanked early no matter what the team says,Orton will get his chance, this team can go 9-7 or 10-6...

If EJ gets yanked "early" and Orton is forced to play before he gets the work in, I think this team is doomed. The only way this team goes .500 or better, is if EJ stays healthy and performs well. If that happens for the whole season, or at least until the bye (which would give Orton enough time to get up to speed) the team has a chance.

If EJ gets yanked "early" and Orton is forced to play before he gets the work in, I think this team is doomed. The only way this team goes .500 or better, is if EJ stays healthy and performs well. If that happens for the whole season, or at least until the bye (which would give Orton enough time to get up to speed) the team has a chance.

agreed, Orton is only here to help EJ be a better QB, not replace EJ

We have a run stuffing D, great run game,best wr group in years Mike Williiams will have a breakout season EJ will be yanked early no matter what the team says,Orton will get his chance, this team can go 9-7 or 10-6...

Look, I like the Orton signing. Good veteran QB and our backup situation needed something done.

Despite what we're rumored to have paid for him, predicting we can go 10-6 if EJ sucks and gets yanked early in the season (or injured) is kinda like predicting the Texans go 10-6 with Fitz.

And they have a better D.

I find the thread title funny when you have no confidence in the starting qb that will be the starter as long as he's not injured. For better or worse, he's gonna be or qb.

I'm uncertain the coaching staff will put Orton in soon enough. If they do, I would totally agree with your assessment. We could easily win 9 games with Orton. With EJ...maybe in a few years but he's just too raw still. Otherwise our roster is strong enough to git r done. BUT....the OBD staff has to come to grips and realize they whiffed on their QB.....for the time being anyway.

I'm uncertain the coaching staff will put Orton in soon enough. If they do, I would totally agree with your assessment. We could easily win 9 games with Orton. With EJ...maybe in a few years but he's just too raw still. Otherwise our roster is strong enough to git r done. BUT....the OBD staff has to come to grips and realize they whiffed on their QB.....for the time being anyway.

Who could Orton beat right now? name the 9 please.

Orton has no work with the wr's and doesnt know the playbook. He'd be lucky to win one game,