The new scoreboard

vegas55

We went to the game last night more to check out the new stadium renovations than to watch the most meaningless of all the preseason games. I was a bit underwhelmed.

The new scoreboard was probably the most disappointing item. It's mind boggling that a simple concept like what constitutes a great scoreboard continues to elude the powers that be. As a fan, I am primarily interested in the video screen, the game & replays that are shown there. And yet again, the actual video screen takes up less than 50% of the available space on the board. The rest is taken up by annoying ads and out of town scores/down and distance info. I don't need that much space for down and distance info, and can't see why such a reduced portion of the board is devoted to the thing fans primarily want to see.

There are some nice improvements/innovations, but really, a 130 million dollars later there should be. I wonder how much of that money was spent on the new Bills merchandise store, which adds very little to the actual game experience. All in all, a bit of a disappointment.

We went to the game last night more to check out the new stadium renovations than to watch the most meaningless of all the preseason games. I was a bit underwhelmed.

The new scoreboard was probably the most disappointing item. It's mind boggling that a simple concept like what constitutes a great scoreboard continues to elude the powers that be. As a fan, I am primarily interested in the video screen, the game & replays that are shown there. And yet again, the actual video screen takes up less than 50% of the available space on the board. The rest is taken up by annoying ads and out of town scores/down and distance info. I don't need that much space for down and distance info, and can't see why such a reduced portion of the board is devoted to the thing fans primarily want to see.

There are some nice improvements/innovations, but really, a 130 million dollars later there should be. I wonder how much of that money was spent on the new Bills merchandise store, which adds very little to the actual game experience. All in all, a bit of a disappointment.

Vegas, when they've shown the screen on TV I've wondered whether they are going to spread gameplay or replay over the entire screen like you see at some of the other stadiums (Cincy).

I take it from what you are saying that is not the case and that IS disappointing.

The endless loop of the Jan-King ad with the woman cleaning the window is such a waste of space. Me and my daughter started counting how many times the ad was played and we stopped counting after the first hundred or so times. The tunnel end screen (the wide one in the middle) was a non-stop ad for Bud light.

The endless loop of the Jan-King ad with the woman cleaning the window is such a waste of space. Me and my daughter started counting how many times the ad was played and we stopped counting after the first hundred or so times. The tunnel end screen (the wide one in the middle) was a non-stop ad for Bud light.

Holy crap! I couldn't even look up there anymore. That ad was totally annoying. They put the homeliest looking broad on there cleaning a window. At least give us some eye candy Jan-King. That ad needs to stop now.

Vegas, when they've shown the screen on TV I've wondered whether they are going to spread gameplay or replay over the entire screen like you see at some of the other stadiums (Cincy).

I take it from what you are saying that is not the case and that IS disappointing.

Right - that is not the case and it is disappointing

I felt the same way when I was there for the Tampa game. Isn't a simple solution to keep the ads, but have replays go full-screen?