it ain't rocket surgery

nuklz2594

watched the game and just ugh. the coaching staff is in over their collective heads. the team lacks the 6 p's in life=proper preparation prevents p$$$ poor performance. we have perhaps the largest o-line in the entire league. they should be able to fall forward to gain positive yardage. i wish ej well, but i just do not see it working. hackett...dude just resign with some dignity intact. if ej fails, we will be rebuilding yet again. no first round pick in 2015---ugh!! would love to see the team become a smash mouth team. we have the rbs for this. have ej manage the game. hell if trent dilfer can win, anyone can.

i know these are obvious things, please be gentle in your trashing of me.

Rocket surgery?

Marrone and Hackett's fascination with the no huddle is just confusing especially when they think they can run it using the same 4 plays over and over

Edited by Max997

Rocket surgery?

Marrone and Hackett's fascination with the no huddle is just confusing especially when they think they can run it using the same 4 plays over and over

Since I have been in bitching mode about this team as of late I will turn my ire towards the coaching staff now.

We are not a team that is designed to convert on 3rd down, so why do we run our thee plays per series in 20 seconds and then put the D right back on the field? I get that our D is the strength of our team and we want the other team to play against our best, but something doesn't jive..

Rocket Surgery Made Easy by Steven Krug

Rocket Surgery a punchline from one of the funniest stand ups on the planet------ Chris Rock

Rocket Surgery--- google it funny guys

The OP point of these moron coaches in over there head will be a storyline till they are mercifully

Relieved of there duty's. The sooner the better IMO.

Rocket Surgery Made Easy by Steven Krug

Rocket Surgery a punchline from one of the funniest stand ups on the planet------ Chris Rock

Rocket Surgery--- google it funny guys

The OP point of these moron coaches in over there head will be a storyline till they are mercifully

Relieved of there duty's. The sooner the better IMO.

History may not repeat itself - - but it rhymes:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/121390-it-aint-rocket-surgery/

Rocket surgery?

Did you mean science?

I grew up hearing it in western New York. Every time I mention it in the south I get a response like seq004's. Have yet to meet a person in the south that has ever used it. I still say it though. Just cracks me up when a person scratches their head and says "Don't you mean rocket science?"

Edited by thanes16

I find it so funny that people here actually believe the type of offense we saw in the first half of that game (and for most of the pre-season) is going to be the same play calling as during the regular season. No one knows what they are doing and thinking. No one knows their real game plan. No one knows their EJ development plan.

I am of the thought process that they severely limited the play calling last season for EJ to give him a development year and not hurt his confidence level. Although derailed by some injuries, I think they did it pretty well. I also believe that this year they will be opening it up a lot more and that they don't want to show any teams what we will be doing until the real season begins. Other teams will have no idea how to prep for us going into the season and I think Chicago will be completely surprised (less so as the season progresses but that's OK). I think we got just a little taste of it in the second half yesterday when the play calling completely shifted (and what the heck was that screen type pass to Chandler?). I believe they did this to see if what has been working in practice is transferred to the game, and it did.

Now, is this plan going to work? Can EJ execute it? That's a whole different question, but to think he's going to be throwing swing passes to covered RBs and short throws all season again just doesn't make any sense to me, and our coaches are a whole lot smarter than I am in football matters. If they do, I'll be first in line to jump on the "clean house" bandwagon, but let's just see what happens in the regular season for a few weeks first please.

Edited by Mark80