Anybody else digging the new point after TD rule?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would add an extra skill element if they lined up the kick wherever the player crosses the goal line, for example if he is in the clear and can cross in front of the goalposts then the kick will be lined up in the middle of the field, if he crosses the goal line outside of the hash marks the kick should come from whichever side of the field the TD was scored on, similar to rugby.

The extra point is too easy.

Why are they so slow in making such an obviously beneficial change?

Maybe they don't care as much as it is not a new revenue generator? ;)

Actually though I suspect they just wanted time to evaluate how it worked in the preseason and didn't want to commit so quickly is all.

Maybe they don't care as much as it is not a new revenue generator? ;)

Actually though I suspect they just wanted time to evaluate how it worked in the preseason and didn't want to commit so quickly is all.

Honestly the determination seems pretty simple. NFL is entertainment and you want as much drama on every play. The point after with nearly 100% conversion essentially eliminates any drama from that play. I'm not saying make it 50 yarder, but 27-30 range seems wholly appropriate and a safe change.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

After the TD is the time to get rid of my old beer and grab a new beer, have a smoke etc .... Extra points are boring, kickoffs out of the end zone are boring .... That's about 5-7 minutes of ads with 5 seconds of football.

So if you are a bills fan you gave up drinking and smoking? Edited by Guffalo