Brady Sues GM for $2M

Rico

Dude, I am disappointed in avatar. I want more Donahoe action.

You may not believe this, but some people find my Donahoe avatars offensive, so I decided to give it a rest for a spell. Not to worry, though, I'll probably make a new Donahoe avatar designed to mock his first move in free agency. :doh:

Also, if you are interested in typing more things up could you please talk about the relative merits of Hugh Millen and Scott Zolak?

Millen, sadly, was before my time by a year. As for Zolak, I remember him being intensely mediocre at best in his backup role.

You may not believe this, but some people find my Donahoe avatars offensive, so I decided to give it a rest for a spell.  Not to worry, though, I'll probably make a new Donahoe avatar designed to mock his first move in free agency. :blink:

219933[/snapback]

Hi, Sweetie. :doh:

I still hate the patriots. :doh:

Dude, I am disappointed in avatar. I want more Donahoe action. Also, if you are interested in typing more things up could you please talk about the relative merits of Hugh Millen and Scott Zolak?

219917[/snapback]

Why not Marc Wilson?

1990 - ick. The Pats manage to win one game all season (week 2) and even that game is tarnished greatly by their backup tight end sexually harassing a reporter in the aftermath. Wilson perpetuated some of the worst QBing in the history of the sport during the campaign. Rod Rust, as exciting as his name, gets fired at the end of the season

1991 - Pats hire Western NY legend Dick MacPherson to be the head coach. Team is improbably frisky all season (beating Houston on a ludicrous last second pass by Millen to Greg McMurtry where two defensive backs ran into one another was the highlight) and they go a pleasant 6-10. Lots of hugging by MacPherson. Still no more than one sellout. Marv Cook-mania does not catch fire.

1992 - ugh. Pats start 0-10, MacPherson almost dies of a heart attack and New England coach-for-life Dante Scarnecchia (he's assisted under four different owners and five different head coaches here) takes over. Zolak comes in for the 11th game against Indianapolis and they win a wild shootout while NBC makes a zillion rather irresponsible Joe Montana comparisons (they went to the same high school). After a sterling two game winning streak, they get destroyed in the last four games. MacPherson gets fired and James Orthwein hires Bill Parcells, who then proceeds to turn the franchise around indelibly.

:doh:

How soon before some sportcasters say how this may be a huge distraction for the pats???  :doh:

219194[/snapback]

Or Bill "BellyAche" attempts to fire up the team by saying "nobody respects us" were just 7 point favorites, poor little patsies?

As for Brady... I will respect him when he can stop combing his hair over his ears and look straight into the camera when giving an interview... What in the heck was up with that post game interview?

:doh::blink:

1993 - This was my first year seriously following football.  Before that, I'd known the rules and how it was played an whatnot, but I'd never really had a favorite team since I lived in New York and didn't really care about the Giants, Jets or Bills.  Long story short, I knew someone with New England connections who got me interested in the Pats, and I started following them because they seemed like an interesting reclamation project.  Despite the horrid start, I was hooked within a few weeks, and was encouraged by the strong finish.

1994 - Awesome year, filled with great performances by Bledsoe.  I was sure he was going to be one of the all time greats, even if he was still a litle raw (see 27 INTs).  Little did I know :blink: .  Was devestated to see them go one and done in the playoffs.

1995 - Blech.  Thought the team was on an upswing after the significant '94 improvement, but they moved backwards again.  Curtis Martin was a huge bright spot, though.

1996 - In another of my miscalculations, I though the Pats' new "triplets" of Bledsoe, Martin and Glenn would become the best in the league.  Oops.  At least they were up there for a couple years.  Still, great year followed by a crushing loss on the big stage.

1997 - Pissed at Parcells but euphoric over Carroll's hot start.  Then the bad times set in, but we still make the playoffs.  On the brink of beating Pittsburgh to advance to the AFC title game again, but you know the rest.  :doh:

1998 - Thought Robert Edwards was on his way to a great Pats career (oops again, although this time it was due to injury).  Very sad, early playoff exit after advancing to at least the divisional round two years running.

1999 - HUGE disappointment to go 8-8 after a 6-2 start.  Thought that was going to be "the year."  The point where I became fed up with Bledsoe.

There you go.  Anything else you'd like me to type up for you?

219798[/snapback]

No, that's quite fine. :doh:

Now work on that 16K avatar.