Best Bill of the 90s

vegas55

Thurman was a great all-purpose back, but guys like Marshall Faulk and Emmitt Smith did it better

I think you are really underappreciating what Thurman meant to the Bills offense. And we are talking about greatest Bills, afterall.

Thurman was Marshall Faulk before there was Marshall Faulk. Emmitt was a fine running back, but I am not so sure he could have done what Thurman did in the Bills offense...and perhaps vice-versa...Thurman was a much sneakier runner than Smith.

Surprised no one has mentioned Steve Tasker.

He is by far the best gunner of all time and #2 isn't even on the same planet.

I agree with the original poster that Bruce was the best player on the team, but I disagree with some of the other assessments about who is or isn't in the top 10 or 20 or whatever.

Thurman lacked raw speed and was caught from behind many times. But he is one of the greatest dual threat RBs of all time. He is also what I like to think of as one of the best "all around offensive weapons" to ever see an NFL field.

Kellly is arguably one of the best ever long ball throwers. But he had a tendency to force the ball into traffic due to supreme confidence in his ability. He also had close to no mobility.

Lastly, Bruce is not the best all time at his position. That's Reggie White. Bruce is top 5 though for sure.

Surprised no one has mentioned Steve Tasker.

He is by far the best gunner of all time and #2 isn't even on the same planet.

I agree with the original poster that Bruce was the best player on the team, but I disagree with some of the other assessments about who is or isn't in the top 10 or 20 or whatever.

Thurman lacked raw speed and was caught from behind many times. But he is one of the greatest dual threat RBs of all time. He is also what I like to think of as one of the best "all around offensive weapons" to ever see an NFL field.

Kellly is arguably one of the best ever long ball throwers. But he had a tendency to force the ball into traffic due to supreme confidence in his ability. He also had close to no mobility.

Lastly, Bruce is not the best all time at his position. That's Reggie White. Bruce is top 5 though for sure.

It's always an interesting discussion as to who was the best - Reggie or Bruce. But at the very least Bruce was second best at his position, not "top five"