Time for my annual QB solution post

Simon

I say we sign him, Chris Hovan and Jon Ritchie and have the three of them just yell insults and disturbing threats at the opposing team from the sidelines all game long.

Then all we have to do is replace Jennings and Lindell with Kyle Turley and Cole Ford and we'll be all set!-)

What about Brown from preseason, wasn't he playing well before his injury??? As a third option of course.

Travis Brown?

Sorry colonel but I dont think Travis belongs anywhere near the NFL. Great toolbox but everytime I watch him I think he has the heart of a fieldmouse. The only reason I think the Bills kept him around is because he was familiar with the organization and personell, and the off-chance that his brains and guts might catch up with his arm and legs. He's done in Buffalo and at this point I doubt he gets much interest from anybody else either.

Cya

Then all we have to do is replace Jennings and Lindell with Kyle Turley and Cole Ford and we'll be all set!-)

Travis Brown?

Sorry colonel but I dont think Travis belongs anywhere near the NFL. Great toolbox but everytime I watch him I think he has the heart of a fieldmouse. The only reason I think the Bills kept him around is because he was familiar with the organization and personell, and the off-chance that his brains and guts might catch up with his arm and legs. He's done in Buffalo and at this point I doubt he gets much interest from anybody else either.

Cya

219367[/snapback]

yeah-that's probably why the Colts signed him.

a team with no clue about offensive talent (no pun intended)

yeah-that's probably why the Colts signed him.

a team with no clue about offensive talent

I thought he was hurt and didn't realize anybody had picked him up.

So how did he look this year, smart ass?

he earned it when he went in the first round .

219058[/snapback]

I think you place far too much value on a 1st round choice than TD does (as shown by his smart willingness to use it as a tradeable/bankable tool to accomplish his the Bills goals of getting Ws rather than worshipping them as a marketing tool as seen his his trading away 1st round choices for Bledsoe and Losman and using it to draft a player he knew would provide no immediate return in WM).

I think one of the great things TD seems to embody is that he seems to see the 1st round choice as something to use rather than be used by it as you describes it dictating action.

The pick is already dicey as 1st round QB choices have no record of delivering an SB win to the team which picked a QB with it since Dallas chose Aikman in 1989. He has mitigated that risk somewhat by actually having JP as our second choice in that draft so his work last year is getting measured by Evans output so the fact JP needed another year before even possibly contributing has not harmed him at all.

It will be harder for him to escape even the unrealistic expectations of many for a second year, but even this will not be impossible if JP proves unable to contribute as long as this team finds anotther way to win.

Charlie Batch.

219017[/snapback]

I was wondering if you were going to hold out 'til February before starting the annual Batch crusade :)

I'd probably put him in the Todd Collins camp of guilt by association that since he cut his NFL teeth on a very crappy team, he's deemed as damaged goods. If I were both of those guys, I would not move to another team, unless there was a decent opportunity to start.

OTOH, you also have to consider why both of these guys settled to be deep No. 2/3 QBs and not clamor for a shot to start somewhere in the league. The league is full of Alex Van Pelts.

Bachelor has done just about as much in the NFL as JP right now

I would agree with that statement, but first we would have to discount a few things:

-7 years of NFL experience

-50 NFL TD passes

-4 years as a relatively effective NFL starter with little or no help from his teammates or staff

-Nearly 10,000 yards passing

-52 games as a pro, 47 of them as a starter.

I guess if you ignore those things, then yeah, he's done about as much as Losman.

Oh wait, I found a similarity. In those 7 years he's lost a grand total of 1 fumble. That's pretty close to what JP's done in 7 series.

Cya

I like batch but have mixed feelings about it......

I dont really have a problem with Bledsoe on the team as long as he understands his role....and that is to hold the clipboard for JP Losman and provide veteran presense when JP makes a mistake here and there.....

And I dont really understand the salary cap situation.....it looks to me like it would cost a lot to get rid of him this year.......

I would agree with that statement, but first we would have to discount a few things:

-7 years of NFL experience

-50 NFL TD passes

-4 years as a relatively effective NFL starter with little or no help from his teammates or staff

-Nearly 10,000 yards passing

-52 games as a pro, 47 of them as a starter.

I guess if you ignore those things, then yeah, he's done about as much as Losman.

Oh wait, I found a similarity. In those 7 years he's lost a grand total of 1 fumble. That's pretty close to what JP's done in 7 series.

Cya

219421[/snapback]

I think by Bachelor he meant Jesse Palmer. Wasn't he on that show? From what I've seen of Palmer, I see no reason to want him as a backup.

Batch is intriguing.