GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

I don't think it matters who is OC - it's Urban's read-option and it's never going to change while's the HC.

The Army game was a step in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see if they look like a different team against PSU.

I could almost hear Buckeye nation going nuts when Haskins came in for garbage time - he looked good!

4-4 baby! :lol: If it wasn't Army, urbs wouldn't have taken a knee and we could have seen him take a shot to the end zone. He throws a great ball. If he didn't want to utilize Haskins skill set because he loses JT's read option stuff, why recruit him? I always wondered why he tries to bring in pro style QBs. He and Burrow both are better passers. Then he has Martell who is going to be JT Jr. (Hopefully a better passer though) Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not sure where to set my expectations for this team right now. I see the offense improving each week - getting the ball out quickly to playmakers in space - but it's still very similar to last year and we've seen top-end defenses take that space away several times already. Hell, not even top-end defenses: Baylor hung 40 on Oklahoma this week. If Dobbins goes on a Zeke-like tear and the defense comes together anything is possible... but I'm concerned that I don't have a clear view of what the finished product would look like with the current group. So guess we just have to let them grind and see where it goes.

One of my biggest concerns is the secondary. It's like they can't defend the pass without getting DPI. I don't know if that's coaching or what.

Oklahoma's D vs Baylor was frightening to watch. I hope Weber and Dobbins can play together once Weber is healthy because I just don't see the passing game doing much against good Ds.

Yolo, what's the word in Cbus about Erick Smith? He made a couple of great plays earlier in the year and now he's not even on the depth chart. Great to see Fuller elevate his game, but there must be more to this story -- Smith appears to be in the doghouse.

he is definitely in Urban's doghouse and he rumor is that he got in a locker room fight with Dre'Mont jones which caused Jones leg gash.

If it follows the pattern of Rod Smith and others I think we've seen the last of Smith in a Buckeye uni

Edited by YoloinOhio

That's unfortunate. Urban's explanation that Jones "cut himself on a locker" seemed fishy - although perhaps it was just incomplete if Jones was cut after being thrown into a locker.

that is the rumor is that he hit the locker during the fight. Not sure if true but he was close to having nerve damage. Urban not pleased!

I'm just going to say it. Nick Bosa is the best player at Ohio State. Schiano is not wanting to rotate the DL like he planned because he doesn't want to take him off the field. He is drawing triple teams (!)

Also... Michael Hill back from suspension, Dre'Mont jones back to practice and Erick Smith outta the doghouse!

Edited by YoloinOhio

It says volumes about Nick that the OSU press is openly wondering if he is even better than Joey. Glad to see the rotation at DL tighten up as the season moves on and certain players distinguish themselves. We're seeing it at WR, too.

I'm worried about the situation at guard; maybe not so much for this week, but certainly for Penn St. the following week and the tough games ahead. The last thing JT needs is deteriorating protection as he and the receivers improve. Also, the need for inside protection will likely keep Weber on the field to pick up blocking assignments in situations when they might prefer to have Dobbins out there at RB.

Regardless, Ohio State is revving the engine. Beat Nebraska and then let's see what a difference six weeks can make for this team.

Agreed. Most fans have been begging for more throws to the TE since... Ricky Dudley? As the competition gets tougher and the WRs don't have as much space as they have been getting for the past several games, I hope Wilson continues to go to the TE to loosen things up rather than recoil into the mode of "JT to the right, JT to the left, JT up the middle."

I'm also happy with the way the WRs are coming into their own. Victor, Dixon and Mack look good out there. McLaurin finally made a signature play on a nice deep ball. But how about sneaky KJ Hill? There were two plays against Nebraska where he sat in traffic while the defense got cleared out, and then he popped up in space and JT hit him in stride. That showed a knack for timing his routes with the rest of the offense and some chemistry with JT. I sure hope to see that trend continue.

I think the games since the Oklahoma debacle have gone about as well as we had hoped they would. The entire offense--not just JT--looks to have made big strides. The bye week comes at a good time for the many guys dinged up. I am super fired up for the stretch run. "Championship November" begins in October this year!