The number one album in America

It's worse now. Much worse. Unbelievably overproduced, hyper-compressed, digitally enhanced garbage with a shelf life of about a week and a half. It's really more about the marketing which seems bent on getting kids pregnant, drug addicted and in prison as quickly as possible.

If you want to see a good documentary on the production of music in the late 60's early 70's watch Muscle Shoals. I watched it this past weekend and it's very good.

If you want to see a good documentary on the production of music in the late 60's early 70's watch Muscle Shoals. I watched it this past weekend and it's very good.

I saw that a few months ago on PBS...great piece of work. Amazing how enduring the music that came out of that little shack is.

Excellent, added to my list. Maybe you would like Dave Grohl's Sound City.

I saw that a few months ago on PBS...great piece of work. Amazing how enduring the music that came out of that little shack is.

I loved the part where Paul Simon wanted that group of black studio musicans (The Swampers) and was told "uhhh, they're quite pale." :lol:

Is there a way to find that online? IIRC, The Stones recorded some of their biggest hits there in like a 3 day session. Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, and something else.

Is there a way to find that online? IIRC, The Stones recorded some of their biggest hits there in like a 3 day session. Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, and something else.

I have it on Netflix. Yes they interview Keith and he said it was unbelievable that the Stones were able to record those hits (not sure if they are the exact ones you mention) in three days. Something they were never ever able to do.

That's why I've always like punk rock. Not the corporate punk of today, but the small-label stuff from the 70s/80s. Its an intentional thumb to the nose of mass-produced musical dreck.

And a bigger thumb to the nose of musicianship. :nana: