Good-bye Yellow Brick Drew??

After leafing through the two fish wraps in town --The Buffalo Snooze and the Sal & Leo Chronicle ---- today I'd have to read between the lines and say Drew is a goner in the Buff this year.

I hope TD has a plan B when J.P. Sandler starts to fade next season. Losing in the AFC title game might play OK in Pittsburgh, but we Bills fans will accept nothing less than a Super Bowl loss

After leafing through the two fish wraps in town --The Buffalo Snooze and the Sal & Leo Chronicle ---- today I'd have to read between the lines and say Drew is a goner in the Buff this year.

218127[/snapback]

Of the two articles, Ralphs' comments in the D&C are most telling. I think he's looking for more "excitement" from the QB position and is willing to suffer through some growing pains, if that's what it takes.

He'd better be willing to get a quality backup (Ralph). I can see us becoming the Bears of 2004.

218168[/snapback]

I see a few solid QBs out there in FA who could perform in a backup role when needed. Its a shame that Matthews is going to retire, he really grasped the system quickly.

Is Shane definitely going to retire?  It wouldn't be a bad job for him to back up JP for a year - he could well see some real playing time.

218228[/snapback]

Well, earlier in the year he indicated that this stint with Buffalo would be his last season...but who knows, perhaps he'd like to stick around for a bit longer.

Look I'm thinking playoffs for the Bills in 2005 and neither JP or Shane figures to be the one directing them there. ..... If Drew is gone, they better get someone besides the rook in here to steer the ship. We all saw how Eli did when he took the helm in New Jersey this year.

Big Ben leading the Steelers to the AFC title game is a fluke. The Steelers had it all in place for him to look good --- The Bills don't have that same type of talent on the offensive end like Pittsburgh. Heck, you can go get 5 fat guys off the streets of Buffalo who can block better than the o-line this year. Plus, the Burgh has great WRs, three good RBs and a pretty clutch kicker.