The Pats

gantrules

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized they shut down the number one offense in football in round one and pummelled the number one defense in football this week. That's unbelivable.

Philly better be praying to the football gods.

218118[/snapback]

It's about matchups. This game would be VERY interesting if T.O. were healthy. Philly is far more balanced than either Indy or Pittsburgh.

It's about matchups.  This game would be VERY interesting if T.O. were healthy.  Philly is far more balanced than either Indy or Pittsburgh.

218124[/snapback]

Philly's run D is garbage. Brady isn't even going to need to throw the ball. TO will be playing but I doubt he'll be an impact player b/c he's not 100%.

That's why Michael Vick and the ATL's running game was so darn effective, right?  Oh, OK.

218132[/snapback]

NE has the potential to pass so Philly isn't going to be able to play up to the line like they did against Atlanta. They were playing 8-9 in the box against Atlanta b/c they couldn't throw the ball, especially in the wind. And even if they did they have the best secondary in the game.

Point being, all NE needs to do is shove Dillon down their throat and occasionally mix in the PA Pass.

NE has the potential to pass so Philly isn't going to be able to play up to the line like they did against Atlanta. They were playing 8-9 in the box against Atlanta b/c they couldn't throw the ball, especially in the wind. And even if they did they have the best secondary in the game.

Point being, all NE needs to do is shove Dillon down their throat and occasionally mix in the PA Pass.

218145[/snapback]

The wind had little to do with it - McNabb had little problem with it. Vick is an extremely limited QB, despite the created media myth surrounding him.

Philly matches up much better against the Patriots than either the Steelers or the Colts. I heard the same arguments being laid last year and Carolina took them to the wire. NE is definitely the best team in the NFL but they aren't unbeatable.

The wind had little to do with it - McNabb had little problem with it.  Vick is an extremely limited QB, despite what the created media myth surrounding him.

Philly matches up much better against the Patriots than either the Steelers or the Colts.  I heard the same arguments being laid last year and Carolina took them to the wire.  NE is definitely the best team in the NFL but they aren't unbeatable.

218152[/snapback]

Vick is limited? You are aware that he just played in the NFC Championship game in his second full season right? Limited in the way that McNabb was in his first two seasons, no?

I really don't know how Philly matches up better against NE...the don't have a strong running game and BB is willing to drop whatever he needs to in coverage against the passing game.

Vick is limited? You are aware that he just played in the NFC Championship game in his second full season right? Limited in the way that McNabb was in his first two seasons, no?

I really don't know how Philly matches up better against NE...the don't have a strong running game and BB is willing to drop whatever he needs to in coverage against the passing game.

218162[/snapback]

You can keep defending him because you live in Atlanta but if the Falcons were in the AFC, they'd be no better than a .500 team and Vick would be exposed much more regularly.

I'd love to play the RAMS at home in the first round of the playoffs and have Drew go 12-16 for 82 yards and win by 30.

If he rushes 2 guys against McNabb regularly, DM will run for 120.

218162[/snapback]

Vick is limited. Look at how Tampa Bay shuts him down every time they play. Yeah, if you let him play the way he wants or your defense is poor, he will torch you. But he's not going to get you a championship unless he becomes a passer.

You can keep defending him because you live in Atlanta but if the Falcons were in the AFC, they'd be no better than a .500 team and Vick would be exposed much more regularly.

I'd love to play the RAMS at home in the first round of the playoffs and have Drew go 12-16 for 82 yards and win by 30.

If he rushes 2 guys against McNabb regularly, DM will run for 120.

218173[/snapback]

I live in Rochester.

And the schedule arguement is so assinine considering the Falcons went 9-6-1 in 2002 and made it to the second round after beating the Packers at home for the first time in forever. The year the NFC won the SB. Last year when Vick came back the Falcs went 3-1 with him. 2-10 without him.

Vick is limited.  Look at how Tampa Bay shuts him down every time they play.  Yeah, if you let him play the way he wants or your defense is poor, he will torch you.  But he's not going to get you a championship unless he becomes a passer.

218174[/snapback]

The Falcons are 2-1 over the last two years v. TB. I'd hardly say they shut him down.

But, I do agree that he needs to stay in the pocket more. DMac has a few years on him but I can see Vick getting to that level.

I live in Rochester.

And the schedule arguement is so assinine considering the Falcons went 9-6-1 in 2002 and made it to the second round after beating the Packers at home for the first time in forever. The year the NFC won the SB. Last year when Vick came back the Falcs went 3-1 with him. 2-10 without him.

218192[/snapback]

Yeah, but aren't you from Atlanta?

The Packers have been exposed. You're not saying Minnesota is awesome because they accomplished the same feat in pretty much the same manner in this season's playoffs, are you? Philly's defense looked pretty good against the much better Culpepper as well.

The records and schedule do have merit and to argue against it is ridiculous. Nothing better than worshipping a guy because he won 3 meaningless games (ONE against a team playing for something - which happened to be Carolina who can't beat Atlanta when Vick is QB) out of the 5 he played in. The two games against AFC teams in that five? LOSSES. One by 31 to the Colts. In none of those games last season did he throw for 200 yards.

2 games this season over 200 yards passing. 9 games under 150. 17 fumbles. Sacked 46 times. Yeah, he's not limited.

Yeah, but aren't you from Atlanta?

The Packers have been exposed.  You're not saying Minnesota is awesome because they accomplished the same feat in pretty much the same manner in this season's playoffs, are you?  Philly's defense looked pretty good against the much better Culpepper as well.

The records and schedule do have merit and to argue against it is ridiculous.  Nothing better than worshipping a guy because he won 3 meaningless games (ONE against a team playing for something - which happened to be Carolina who can't beat Atlanta when Vick is QB) out of the 5 he played in.  The two games against AFC teams in that five?  LOSSES.  One by 31 to the Colts.  In none of those games last season did he throw for 200 yards. 

2 games this season over 200 yards passing.  9 games under 150.  17 fumbles.  Sacked 46 times.  Yeah, he's not limited.

218207[/snapback]

He came in the game late against Houston. It was around the 3rd Q. They were down 17-7 or around there.

Perhaps my defination of limited is different than yours. Upside potential is huge. And that was my point. If he's this limited at this point in the game, after two season wouldn't you think he's only going to get better? Christ, he's done more in his first two full seasons than JK did.

And no, I'm not from Atlanta. I was born and raised in Rochester.

Also noted on SportsCenter the other night that if NE wins, the combined record of their playoff opponents would be 40-8 (Indy 12-4, Pitt 15-1, Phil 13-3). That would be the best all time - bettering of course the 1990 Giants :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: , with 38-10 (Chicago 11-5, SF 14-2, Buff 13-3). At least NE was 1-15 in 1990 :)

Sorry to interrupt, now back to your debate on Mike Vick.

:)

That's good info about the Pats. Looks like ESPN actually did some research!!!

218233[/snapback]

Lol yea I wish I worked there. I would never step foot in front of the camera, but I would love to have a job to research meaningless sports trivia like that. I would work for very little too :)

The Falcons are 2-1 over the last two years v. TB. I'd hardly say they shut him down.

But, I do agree that he needs to stay in the pocket more. DMac has a few years on him but I can see Vick getting to that level.

218196[/snapback]

Yeah, they didn't shut him down. :)

29-58 for 381 yards. 3 TDs. 3 Picks. Sacked 10 times. 29 rushes, 193 yards. 3 fumbles.

Averaged out:

10-20 for 127. 1 TD, 1 Int. 3 sacks. 10 rushes, 65 yards and a fumble. Yep, they had a 2-1 record in those games because of Vick. The 30-28 win was because of 4 interceptions and a fumble.