The Pats

gantrules

He came in the game late against Houston. It was around the 3rd Q. They were down 17-7 or around there.

Perhaps my defination of limited is different than yours. Upside potential is huge. And that was my point. If he's this limited at this point in the game, after two season wouldn't you think he's only going to get better? Christ, he's done more in his first two full seasons than JK did.

And no, I'm not from Atlanta. I was born and raised in Rochester.

218224[/snapback]

Potential means nothing. He has all the tools - except for the mental part of the game.

Kelly's first 2 seasons:

16 games. 285 for 480, 59.4%, 3593 yards, 7.5 PP, 22 TDs, 17 Ints.

12 games. 250 for 419, 59.7%, 2798 yards, 6.7 PP, 19 TDs, 11 Ints

Vick's 2nd and 4th seasons:

15 games. 231 for 421, 54.9%, 2936 yards, 6.97 PP, 16 TDs, 8 Ints

15 games. 181 for 321 56.4% 2313 yards, 7.21 PP, 14 TDs, 12 Ints

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential means nothing.  He has all the tools - except for the mental part of the game. 

Kelly's first 2 seasons:

16 games.  285 for 480, 59.4%, 3593 yards, 7.5 PP,  22 TDs, 17 Ints.

12 games.  250 for 419, 59.7%, 2798 yards, 6.7 PP,  19 TDs, 11 Ints

Vick's 2nd and 4th seasons:

15 games.  231 for 421, 54.9%, 2936 yards, 6.97 PP, 16 TDs, 8 Ints

15 games.  181 for 321 56.4%  2313 yards, 7.21 PP, 14 TDs, 12 Ints

218272[/snapback]

Let's not leave out the nearly 1000 yards he gained on foot both those years. So to me between total offensive production and team record Vick has the advantage. Plus, Kelly had Reed, the future HOFer those first two years. What's his excuse???

Way to do the research on the TB game Darin!!! If you take out that second half meltdown, it doesn't skew the numbers in your favor quite as much.

Let's not leave out the nearly 1000 yards he gained on foot both those years. So to me between total offensive production and team record Vick has the advantage. Plus, Kelly had Reed, the future HOFer those first two years. What's his excuse???

Way to do the research on the TB game Darin!!! If you take out that second half meltdown, it doesn't skew the numbers in your favor quite as much.

218307[/snapback]

I don't need to do research. I've watched enough of Vick to know he's not much more than a media creation who's very likely to end up like Kordell Stewart if he doesn't learn to read defenses.

Kelly would put up ridiculous numbers with today's passing rules. He wouldn't have to run.

I don't need to do research.  I've watched enough of Vick to know he's not much more than a media creation who's very likely to end up like Kordell Stewart if he doesn't learn to read defenses.

Kelly would put up ridiculous numbers with today's passing rules.  He wouldn't have to run.

218330[/snapback]

It was a compliment. I was hoping that the game was missed by you......

Sure he could end up like Kordell. Or he could end up like Elway. Time will tell, but two years in isn't going to tell you a thing.

I don't need to do research.  I've watched enough of Vick to know he's not much more than a media creation who's very likely to end up like Kordell Stewart if he doesn't learn to read defenses.

Kelly would put up ridiculous numbers with today's passing rules.  He wouldn't have to run.

218330[/snapback]

Who would you rather have Vick or Drew?

Ah well, I've aruged this enough. It's as simple as this. The Atlanta Falcons franchise is in awesome hands for the next 10 years. Michael Vick has proven to be a winner. In his first two full years he's gone deep in the playoffs. Make whatever arguement you want against him, but I'd rather be in the Falcons shoes than many other NFL franchises.

Will he win a SB? I don't know, I've seen crappier QB's win it, I've seen better QB's win it. The upside on this guy is huge. The Falcons made a great trade with SD to get him and are reaping the benefits because of it.

Ah well, I've aruged this enough. It's as simple as this. The Atlanta Falcons franchise is in awesome hands for the next 10 years. Michael Vick has proven to be a winner. In his first two full years he's gone deep in the playoffs. Make whatever arguement you want against him, but I'd rather be in the Falcons shoes than many other NFL franchises.

Will he win a SB? I don't know, I've seen crappier QB's win it, I've seen better QB's win it. The upside on this guy is huge. The Falcons made a great trade with SD to get him and are reaping the benefits because of it.

218348[/snapback]

They'd likely be better with LT and Brees.

Neither.  Kind of like choosing between the Democrats and Republicans.  :P

218345[/snapback]

Whatever Darin. You'd be on the Vick train along with the rest of us if he was here.

I know there wouldn't be a problem with selling tickets.....look at what the mobile midget did.

Yeah well thanks for that indepth analysis. I hope it didn't take too much of your brain power.

218342[/snapback]

The "analysis" is all around you. He isn't accurate, he can't call plays on his own, and all he seems to be able to do is run with the ball. He should have been a running back.

Whatever Darin. You'd be on the Vick train along with the rest of us if he was here.

I know there wouldn't be a problem with selling tickets.....look at what the mobile midget did.

218352[/snapback]

No I wouldn't but thanks for speaking for me.

We don't have a big problem selling tickets now.

The "analysis" is all around you.  He isn't accurate, he can't call plays on his own, and all he seems to be able to do is run with the ball.  He should have been a running back.

218354[/snapback]

And your mother should have had an abortion. Shoulda, coulda, woulda....