• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm still trying to digest your last brilliant post.  :P

218364[/snapback]

Like your assumption that I'm from Atlanta, or the idiotic sacrasm used by you in the first reply to my post? Yeah, Darin, I'd hardly say you are the brilliant one here.

Let's not leave out the nearly 1000 yards he gained on foot both those years. So to me between total offensive production and team record Vick has the advantage. Plus, Kelly had Reed, the future HOFer those first two years. What's his excuse???

218307[/snapback]

And, not to play devil's -- or Vick's -- advocate here, but Kelly had another couple years of pro-ball in with the Gamblers before his Bills career began.

Like your assumption that I'm from Atlanta, or the idiotic sacrasm used by you in the first reply to my post? Yeah, Darin, I'd hardly say you are the brilliant one here.

218370[/snapback]

Yeah, I apologize for thinking a guy who posts non-stop about Atlanta sports teams with the moniker of a Bravo steriod freak would have at least some connection to the city. Whatever was I thinking?

Vick's the greatest and his first 2 healthy seasons in the salary cap era were better than Kelly's. Well, except they weren't and he's not - but don't let that get in the way of your shrine.

Yeah, I apologize for thinking a guy who posts non-stop about Atlanta sports teams with the moniker of a Bravo steriod freak would have at least some connection to the city.  Whatever was I thinking?

Vick's the greatest and his first 2 healthy seasons in the salary cap era were better than Kelly's.  Well, except they weren't and he's not - but don't let that get in the way of your shrine.

218380[/snapback]

Watch it, he might go after that dog avatar you have. :P

You weren't thinking Darin you were assuming. But, hey I'll accept that apology.

And once again it's an open forum as far as I know. I discuss many things other than the Braves, but hey if all you want to see is the negative then so be it.

And, not to play devil's -- or Vick's -- advocate here, but Kelly had another couple years of pro-ball in with the Gamblers before his Bills career began.

218372[/snapback]

It's hard to compare stats from that era to today, anyway. The rules are different and the salary cap has given us alot of mediocre teams that can now go a long way (think Atlanta).

Vick isn't in his 2nd year, he's in his fourth. His career will likely end early if he doesn't learn his position. For someone who is so elusive, he takes an inordinate number of very hard hits and has missed significant time due to injury.

You weren't thinking Darin you were assuming. But, hey I'll accept  that apology.

And once again it's an open forum as far as I know. I discuss many things other than the Braves, but hey if all you want to see is the negative then so be it.

218386[/snapback]

I didn't say otherwise. You're the one who's defensive here because your argument doesn't hold up. Soldier on.

I didn't say otherwise.  You're the one who's defensive here because your argument doesn't hold up.  Soldier on.

218393[/snapback]

My arguement didn't hold up? I don't see one thing in this post that leads me to believe my arguement didn't hold up.

You say LT and Drew Brees are more valuable than Vick I say no, they haven't even won a playoff game. But, Vick has. Yet, he's overrated. I don't understand your self proclaimed "lahjik" but hey if it makes sense to you it must be correct. :P

My arguement didn't hold up?  I don't see one thing in this post that leads me to believe my arguement didn't hold up.

You say LT and Drew Brees are more valuable than Vick I say no, they haven't even won a playoff game. But, Vick has. Yet, he's overrated. I don't understand your self proclaimed "lahjik" but hey if it makes sense to you it must be correct.  :P

218445[/snapback]

I didn't say were. I said "likely." To say otherwise is nothing more than speculation. I'll also speculate that the Chargers would have been in the NFC Championship game if they were afforded the luxury of playing the RAMS in the playoffs (although Marty may have Schottenheimered that game up too). But we can pretend the Falcons won that game because Michael Vick was awesome if it makes you feel better.

Individual players don't win playoff games. Teams do. There's a FACT for you.

I didn't say were.  I said "likely."  To say otherwise is nothing more than speculation.  I'll also speculate that the Chargers would have been in the NFC Championship game if they were afforded the luxury of playing the RAMS in the playoffs.  But we can pretend the Falcons won that game because Michael Vick was awesome if it makes you feel better.

Individual players don't win playoff games.  Teams do.  There's a FACT for you.

218454[/snapback]

Ok, Darin. So when the Falcons win, it's in spite of Vick.

I agree that individual players don't win championships, and like I said, they need another reciever to compliment Alvin Harper, errr, Peerless Price. They made a huge mistake in giving him the number one reciever job.

Ok, Darin. So when the Falcons win, it's in spite of Vick.

I agree that individual players don't win championships, and like I said, they need another reciever to compliment Alvin Harper, errr, Peerless Price. They made a huge mistake in giving him the number one reciever job.

218460[/snapback]

They don't always win in spite of Vick but it's more the norm than you or his media "lovers" make it out to be.

I don't disagree that Peerless hasn't worked out. It was at best a reach when they made the deal but I've watched enough Michael Vick to know that having Jerry Rice and John Taylor in their prime wouldn't make him throw the ball to the right guy on time. There were only a couple of "behind the QB" shots in the game Sunday, and in each there were open receivers and Vick didn't pull the trigger. Maybe he'll figure it out because maybe the changes in offenses have truly had that big of an effect - or maybe he'll continue his Kordell like play.

I'm still trying to figure out who screwed up the INT that was intended for Crumpler but the more I watch it (and Crumpler's reaction), the more I'm inclined to think Vick once again made the wrong read (though the right choice of receiver).