Who Is Your Most Correctly Rated Bill?

There just seemed to be a logical hole in the threads about how Bills players are rated, so I thought I'd fill it.

My vote is for Brian Moorman. He seems to be accurately rated as a washed up punter. He's never been the same since he took that big shot in the Pro Bowl. Kinda like when Fitz took that big shot from the Arizona safety after a promising start to a season one year.

Which Bill do you think is most correctly rated, and why?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There just seemed to be a logical hole in the threads about how Bills players are rated, so I thought I'd fill it.

My vote is for Brian Moorman. He seems to be accurately rated as a washed up punter. He's never been the same since he took that big shot in the Pro Bowl. Kinda like when Fitz took that big shot from the Arizona safety after a promising start to a season one year.

Which Bill do you think is most correctly rated, and why?

That was Trent.

Trent Edwards got crushed by Adrian Wilson in week 5 at AZ back in 08, not Fitz. Research beforehand does wonders on this board.

To answer your question, the most correctly rated Bills player on the current roster is probably Cordy Glenn. He is not the ultimate LT, but he does a standup job.

Edited by Peace Frog

Trent Edwards got crushed by Adrian Wilson in week 5 at AZ back in 08, not Fitz.

Pretty much everybody now agrees that Trent was over-rated by Bill Walsh, so if you want to nominate Trent, you should do it in the "over-rated" thread. Besides, they play the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, not AZ. Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Pretty much everybody now agrees that Trent was over-rated by Bill Walsh, so if you want to nominate Trent, you should do it in the "over-rated" thread. Besides, they play the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, not AZ.

Trent went to the ProBowl in 07.

Edited by FireChan

Trent went to the ProBowl in 07.

Trent Cole of the Eagles did go to the Pro Bowl in 07:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/probowl.htm

But even if he was correctly rated as a Pro Bowl caliper player, he was never a Bill as far as I know. Can't say whether he ever lived with his sister, though.

By the way, that 2007 Pro Bowl roster lists Fitzgerald as a Pro Bowl receiver from AZ, so maybe that's where the confusion arises about Fitz taking a shot in AZ. Lots of people got the Fitzpatrick name wrong and called him Fitzgerald even though he played in Buffalo for quite a while.

I always preferred just using his nickname - - the "Amish Rifle" - - didn't matter to me that he wasn't a techno-geek.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I'm going to vote EJ Manuel, since that would make the least amount of sense in this thread.

There are widely varying opinions about Manuel on this board, so if you're saying that it makes no sense to consider Manuel correctly rated, that's bound to be true for some posters, but not for others. I would have preferred a little more thought about whose correctly rated and whose not.

. . . Research beforehand does wonders on this board. . . .

Who has time for research? But just to satisfy you, here's proof that it was Moorman who took the big hit in the Pro Bowl. If you watch the clip to the end, you'll see that the hit was so big, they even talked about it on Japanese TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtOaDvf8co

. . . To answer your question, the most correctly rated Bills player on the current roster is probably Cordy Glenn. He is not the ultimate LT, but he does a standup job.

Cordy Glenn is pretty good, but he isn't the same caliper player as either Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Tomlinson. So regardless of which one you consider the ultimate LT, I have to agree with you there.