• Auto manufacturers have paid back loans and drive the recovery

• Death penalty must not be arbitrary

• Join Central American governments to combat narco-traffic

• Turn around struggling public schools; expand public options

• Preserve ANWR but explore for oil responsibly elsewhere

• Support fatherhood with faith-based groups

• US leadership at the UN, including respectful disagreement

• Double our exports by 2015 with new trade agreements

• Curb the influence of lobbyists; no to Citizens United.

• Your vote should count; no to voter ID laws

• Confront terrorism while upholding Constitutional values

• DREAM Act for now; comprehensive reform next

• Bridge to Work: help the long term unemployed

• Recognize and defend Internet freedom worldwide

• No US forces in Iraq; no US bases in Iraq

• Bring our troops home from Afghanistan by 2014

• Partner with faith-based organizations to serve the needy

That right there ladies and gentlemen is most of the Democrat Party's 2012 campaign platform.

Specifics? We don't need no steenking specifics!

:lol:

Typed that on my phone and the bullets came out: & bull;

I like that better. It puts the proper em-fah-sis on the right sill-ah-bull.

:lol:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the alternative? a single oracle (perhaps magox or tasker) that divines the meanings infallibly? yes, if the supreme court rules an issue constitutional it is so...until it possibly later rules it unconstitutional or a constitutional amendment is passed. that's the way it works. that's the mechanism. that's the prescribed algorithm by, yup, you guessed it, the constitution. circular or not, that's how it is.

Actually the court gave itself that power, not the constitution. And just because we don't have a divine leader to hand down the final say does not mean that the court is infallible and that whatever the court says is constitutional, regardless of whether we treat it as such for sake of practicality.

Our government should concern itself with the constitutionality of things on the front end as well, not just do whatever it likes or thinks it can get away with and only concern itself with the constitution on the back end.

In other words, what you wanted him to do was list in detail on his website how he would solve each one of these issues.

Great, now that you have clearly laid that as your marker, I fully expect ( no, I really don't) For you to hold the same standards for Liberals. So let's see, how about we start off with the leader of house for the Democrats. I mean after all, she has had soooo much more time and resources $$ to list on her website and to "Man UP!" and detail how she would as you say :

"Fiscal responsibility - man up and present a budget that balances revenues and expenditures - and recognize that your simply not going to be able to get legislation passed that dramatically changes SS and MC/MA."

I'm assuming you are holding the leader of the Liberal party accountable to do the same, and that anything less would be hypocritical, right?

So lets see what she has to say about this topic:

http://pelosi.house....rement-security

So her plan is what exactly? Oh, I know, to punt the looming problem, the status quo. What detail, and a profile in courage.

You are grasping for straws, you desperately were looking to find something "extreme" and neither of you could find something. So now, you had to go to what in your mind was the next best line of attack which basically was "Hey, this guy needs to show us his detailed plans, or else I won't take him seriously"

At least you attempted to come up with something on your own, rather than post a link so that Mother Jones could do speculating for you.

Dude, I am not a liberal, don't vote liberal or Democratic, don't link websites that aren't simply data or historical tables as back-ups to my position.

I can't tell you where I fit in. I look for pragmatic, executeable solutions to the issues that face us. I don't see the TP doing that and I don't take solace in harping on BO....in fact I find that just plain boring. I see the TP take victories as "stopping" things....well that may be good but it doesn't fix things. i find most TP talk, in fact, very detached...so in essence....quite useless and detracting from finding real fixes. immigration, budget reform....put a platform together.....

Edited by baskin