What I've learned today...

1billsfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the spirit.  I still hate them, though not quite as much as the Fish.  Won't be long, though.  :blink:

216992[/snapback]

I can honestly admit that they have taken over the Dolphins as my most hated team. It's really close, but this year has pushed them over the edge. :w00t:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the Patriots

:blink:

I can honestly admit that they have taken over the Dolphins as my most hated team.  It's really close, but this year has pushed them over the edge.  :w00t:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the Patriots

:blink:

217106[/snapback]

Can't do it. I was alive in the '70s. That's actual pain.

Can't do it.  I was alive in the '70s.  That's actual pain.

217108[/snapback]

That's why my hate for them is worse than the !@#$ing Dolphins...

I wasn't alive for when that rivalry started and didn't see all the times where they owned us. The sad part is...I think Belichick will start to own the Bills the same way that Miami did. Then everyone will begin to hate them more than the !@#$ing Fish. Here's a better post for ya...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: New England Patriots

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Tom Brady

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Bill Belichick

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Miami Dolphins

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Dan Marino

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Nick Saban

I wasn't alive for when that rivalry started and didn't see all the times where they owned us.  The sad part is...I think Belichick will start to own the Bills the same way that Miami did.  Then everyone will begin to hate them more than the !@#$ing Fish.  Here's a better post for ya...

217117[/snapback]

I can live with that. :w00t:

217117[/snapback]

my sentiments exactly.

I wasn't alive for when that rivalry started and didn't see all the times where they owned us.  The sad part is...I think Belichick will start to own the Bills the same way that Miami did.  Then everyone will begin to hate them more than the !@#$ing Fish.  Here's a better post for ya...

217117[/snapback]

you forgot a few

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: ny jets

and :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: herm edwards, or wait, is it :w00t: herm edwards

Oh, he was blind? I thought he was missing a tongue or something.

217084[/snapback]

Nah......the gifts of speech and sight are wasted on fuc*heads like you

Nah......the gifts of speech and sight are wasted on fuc*heads like you

217149[/snapback]

Probably, since most things are. If he wasn't blind, I doubt people would have problems with us making fun of his singing. But he is, so we can't? I think most people who have these problems would rather be treated just like everyone else than being made a pity case.

Probably, since most things are. If he wasn't blind, I doubt people would have problems with us making fun of his singing. But he is, so we can't? I think most people who have these problems would rather be treated just like everyone else than being made a pity case.

217160[/snapback]

You feel most people want to be mocked, then? By the way, he also has cerebral palsy......look it up. He also can't walk. And there's the little issue of 20 surgeries in his first ten years of life. From what I can tell, amazingly enough the kid is a pretty happy young man. But to make light of his situation as some of you have is disgusting. God forbid I ever have a child afflicted such as this kid, and I hear you make light of it. I'd punch you in your fuc*ing face.

You feel most people want to be mocked, then? By the way, he also has cerebral palsy......look it up. He also can't walk. And there's the little issue of 20 surgeries in his first ten years of life. From what I can tell, amazingly enough the kid is a pretty happy young man. But to make light of his situation as some of you have is disgusting. God forbid I ever have a child afflicted such as this kid, and I hear you make light of it. I'd punch you in your fuc*ing face.

217165[/snapback]

Maybe they announced this over the loudspeaker or something, but when I was watching the game, I didn't know anything about this kid. I thought he was some new singing star or something. When I heard him sing off-key I thought they were just being nice because he was a kid.

Only just recently did I learn he was blind and until you just told me, I didn't know there was anything else wrong with him. My main contention was based on him just being blind and that I thought it was condescending to be nice about his singing talents just because he was blind. Obviously there was more to the story than I thought. In any event, I seemed to offend you and others. I regret that and apologize for being so crass.

Maybe they announced this over the loudspeaker or something, but when I was watching the game, I didn't know anything about this kid. I thought he was some new singing star or something. When I heard him sing off-key I thought they were just being nice because he was a kid.

Only just recently did I learn he was blind and until you just told me, I didn't know there was anything else wrong with him. My main contention was based on him just being blind and that I thought it was condescending to be nice about his singing talents just because he was blind. Obviously there was more to the story than I thought. In any event, I seemed to offend you and others. I regret that and apologize for being so crass.

217176[/snapback]

"Condescending". Precisely. Thank you.

217176[/snapback]

Alright, well I'm sorry for jumping down your throat........but I take care of people with some of these issues for a living........I know what they go through, and I'm sorry, but I feel the least we owe them is a little empathy along with some encouragement when there are things that clearly make them happy. Maybe part of the reason why I'm so up in arms about it as I am is because I truly cannot imagine going through life not being able to see......or to walk......or to have the opportunity to work, earn a living, support a family, etc. Just the simple day to day opportunties that most of us have and probably don't take the time to realize how blessed we are to have them. This kid is ten. He'll probably never have any semblance of a "normal" life. He'll never even know what he looks like, for gosh sakes.

Anyway, I respect you saying what you did. I'm glad that at least with a few of you guys it was just simply not knowing the kid's situation.