Breaking down EJ's incomplete passes in 2013

Stevie was unreliable, unaccountable, and had a big contract. Door, shown. I originally didn't want him gone because of the relative youth in the WR corp but I think we have better options now and Woods is really the one replacing him in the slot. He is better off as the #3 option in SF.

So Woods will play slot then?

How are they going to use Watkins? Because most of his yardage at Clemson came on bubble screens and close to the line-of-scrimmage passes.

And what, Williams is going to be our only true split WR?

I don't see that anyone had much forethought before just going balls to the wall to get Watkins. If Watkins plays purely split WR then he'll be completely out of his element. If the team tries to use him like he was used at Clemson it's going to be a catastrophe.

I really hope that the coaching staff, and Whaley, thought this through.

Of course that's all on top of the notion that rookie WRs usually don't do much more then put up 2nd or 3rd WR numbers if even that. It's not like he's got Brady or Manning throwing to him either. I see Manuel struggling to hit 16 or 18 TDs this season if he can even stay healthy for 16 games as it is.

Edited by TaskersGhost

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that an injury plagued year, with sketchy WRs and OL, and rookie coaches.... is enough to tell if EJ sucks or not.

I'm giving him three years to prove his worth, I imagine the coaches and front office are too.

Trading away next year's first rounder tells me that as well.

So Woods will play slot then?

How are they going to use Watkins? Because most of his yardage at Clemson came on bubble screens and close to the line-of-scrimmage passes.

And what, Williams is going to be our only true split WR?

I don't see that anyone had much forethought before just going balls to the wall to get Watkins. If Watkins plays purely split WR then he'll be completely out of his element. If the team tries to use him like he was used at Clemson it's going to be a catastrophe.

I really hope that the coaching staff, and Whaley, thought this through.

Of course that's all on top of the notion that rookie WRs usually don't do much more then put up 2nd or 3rd WR numbers if even that. It's not like he's got Brady or Manning throwing to him either. I see Manuel struggling to hit 16 or 18 TDs this season if he can even stay healthy for 16 games as it is.

I doubt highly that anyone put much thought into it. :rolleyes:

An accusation that made me LOL, literally LOL.

I'm pretty sure a homeless guy outside OBD told Whaley to do it. He had previously been staunchly pounding his fist on the table for Zack Martin at 9. But that changed everything. They are now wondering how and where they will play Watkins.

I'm pretty sure a homeless guy outside OBD told Whaley to do it. He had previously been staunchly pounding his fist on the table for Zack Martin at 9. But that changed everything. They are now wondering how and where they will play Watkins.

I heard that once Bortles went off the board, Whaley went into a trance, set fire to the draft board, ripped the flag pin from Brandon's lapel, then once his eyes rolled back into their sockets started shouting, over and over, "Watkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins."

Prior, the organization had intended on drafting defensive player.